Diagnosis and management of the overactive bladder syndrome in women
Article first published online: 30 MAR 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley Interface Ltd
Trends in Urology, Gynaecology & Sexual Health
Volume 14, Issue 2, pages 10–16, March/April 2009
How to Cite
Rantell, A. and Cardozo, L. (2009), Diagnosis and management of the overactive bladder syndrome in women. Trends Urology, Gynecol. Sexual Health, 14: 10–16. doi: 10.1002/tre.101
- Issue published online: 30 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 30 MAR 2009
- 3Overactive bladder significantly affects quality of life. Am J Manag Care 2000; 6: 580–90., , , et al.
- 5Health-related consequences of overactive bladder. Am J Manag Care 2002; 8: 598–607., , , et al.
- 7Department of Health. Good practice in continence services. London: DH, 2002.
- 8Normal and abnormal bladder function. In: GetliffeK, DolmanM, eds. Promoting continence: a clinical and research resource, 2nd edn. London: Baillière Tindall, 2007., .
- 9Female urinary incontinence in practice. London: The Royal Society of Medicine Press Ltd, 2004., .
- 10The pharmacological options available in overactive bladder. Continence UK 2008; 2: 69–71..
- 11National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Urinary i ncontinence: the management of urinary incontinence in women. Clinical guideline 40. Implementation advice. London: NICE, 2006. (Available at www.nice.org.uk/cg40; accessed 14 January 2009)
- 12Urine samples and urinalysis. Nurs Stand 2007; 22: 14–6; 42–5..
- 13Urodynamics. 3rd edn. London: Springer, 2003..
- 17Caffeine reduction education to improve urinary symptoms. Br J Nurs 2002; 11: 560., , .
- 25Integral storage and voiding reflexes. Neurophysiological concept of voiding and micturition. Neurology 1977; 1: 95–106., , .
- 26Conservative management of female urinary incontinence. Continence UK 2008; 2: 16–23..
- 27Greater evidence of action of urinary incontinence is needed. Guidelines in Practice 2008; 11: 27–32., .
- 28British National Formulary, March 2008, vol 55. London: BMJ Group.
- 30Efficacy of desmopressin in the treament of nocturia: a double blind placebo controlled study in men. Br J Urol Int 2002; 89: 855–62., , , et al.
- 31Urinary continence, 2nd edn. Oxford: Health Press, 2001., .
- 32Peripheral tibial neurostimulation versus Tolterodine in the treatment of women with urge urinary incontinence and urge symptoms. Abstract presentation, 2007, IUGA, Mexico., , , et al.
- 333rd International Consultation on Incontinence: evaluation and treatment of urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and faecal incontinence. In: AbramsP, CardozoL, KouryS (eds). Incontinence, vol 2. Plymouth: Health Publishers Ltd, 2005., , , et al. 2004,