Perinatal outcome in women treated with progesterone for the prevention of preterm birth: a meta-analysis
Article first published online: 2 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 40, Issue 3, pages 257–266, September 2012
How to Cite
Sotiriadis, A., Papatheodorou, S. and Makrydimas, G. (2012), Perinatal outcome in women treated with progesterone for the prevention of preterm birth: a meta-analysis. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 40: 257–266. doi: 10.1002/uog.11178
- Issue published online: 22 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 2 AUG 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 MAY 2012 08:48AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 APR 2012
- 1Fetal Medicine Foundation Second Trimester Screening Group. Cervical length and obstetric history predict spontaneous preterm birth: development and validation of a model to provide individualized risk assessment. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2008; 31: 549–554., , , , ;
- 4Universal cervical-length screening and vaginal progesterone prevents early preterm births, reduces neonatal morbidity and is cost saving: doing nothing is no longer an option. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2011; 38: 1–9..
- 5Progesterone supplementation and the prevention of preterm birth. Rev Obstet Gynecol 2011; 4: 60–72., .
- 7FDA. FDA statement on Makena. (http://www.fda.gov/News Events/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm249025htm) 2011; Assessed 25/03/2012.
- 12PREGNANT Trial. Vaginal progesterone reduces the rate of preterm birth in women with a sonographic short cervix: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2011; 38: 18–31., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ;
- 14Progesterone supplementation for prevention of preterm labor: a randomized controlled trial. Middle East Fertil Soc J 2010; 15: 39–41., , , .
- 16Vaginal progesterone is associated with a decrease in risk for early preterm birth and improved neonatal outcome in women with a short cervix: a secondary analysis from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2007; 30: 697–705., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 20PREDICT Group. Prevention of preterm delivery in twin gestations (PREDICT): a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled trial on the effect of vaginal micronized progesterone. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2011; 38: 272–280., , , , ;
- 26Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network (MFMU). Prevention of preterm birth in triplets using 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate: a randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol 2009; 113: 285–292., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ;
- 33Vaginal micronized progesterone and risk of preterm delivery in high-risk twin pregnancies: secondary analysis of a placebo-controlled randomized trial and meta-analysis. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2011; 38: 281–287., , , , .
- 41KV Pharmaceutical Company R-M. A Prospective, Non Intervention Follow-Up Study of Children Aged 23 to 25 Months, Born to Mothers Who Received Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate Injection, 250 mg/mL, or Vehicle for Prevention of Preterm Birth. In: Clinical Trials gov [Internet] Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US) 2000-(cited 2012 Mar 25) Available from: http://clinicaltrialsgov/ct2/show/NCT01146990 NLM identifier: NCT01146990 2012.