Does antenatal ultrasound labeling predict birth order in twin pregnancies?
Version of Record online: 4 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2012 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 41, Issue 3, pages 274–277, March 2013
How to Cite
D'Antonio, F., Dias, T., Thilaganathan, B., the Southwest Thames Obstetric Research Collaborative (STORK) (2013), Does antenatal ultrasound labeling predict birth order in twin pregnancies?. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 41: 274–277. doi: 10.1002/uog.12310
- Issue online: 4 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 SEP 2012 10:11AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 SEP 2012
- 1Epidemiology of multiple pregnancy and the effect of assisted conception. Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 2010; 15: 306–312., .
- 2Detection of chromosomal abnormalities, congenital abnormalities and transfusion syndrome in twins. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2007; 29: 517–526., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 3Twins: prevalence, problems, and preterm births. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010; 203: 305–315., , , , .
- 4Pregnancy outcome of monochorionic twins: does amnionicity matter? Twin Res Hum Genet 2011; 14: 586–592., , , , , , .
- 5Discordant twins: diagnosis, evaluation and management. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012; 206: 10–20., , .
- 6Obstetric Research Collaborative Stork ST. Prospective risk of late stillbirth in monochorionic twins: a regional cohort study. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2012; 39: 500–504.
- 7National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. [Multiple pregnancy: The management of twin and triplet pregnancies in the antenatal period]. [CG129]. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, London, UK, 2011.
- 8Systematic labeling of twin pregnancies on ultrasound. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2011; 38: 130–133., , , , , .
- 9Which twin is which? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2011; 38: 121–122..
- 10First-trimester ultrasound dating of twin pregnancy: are singleton charts reliable? BJOG 2010; 117: 979–984., , , , .
- 11Second-trimester assessment of gestational age in twins: validation of singleton biometry charts. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2011; 37: 34–37., , , , , .
- 12First-trimester ultrasound determination of chorionicity in twin pregnancy. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2011; 38: 530–532., , , , , .
- 13Estimation of fetal weight with the use of head, body, and femur measurements – a prospective study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1985; 151: 333–337., , , , .
- 14Accuracy of ultrasonographic fetal weight estimation in twin pregnancies. Obstet Gynecol 2008; 112: 759–764., , , .
- 15Validity of sonographic prediction of fetal weight and weight discordance in twin pregnancies. Prenat Diagn 2010; 30: 361–367., , , .
- 16First and third trimester ultrasound in the prediction of birthweight discordance in dichorionic twins. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2008; 138: 34–38., , .
- 17Twin gestation: is there a correlation between the location of the gestational sacs at the beginning of pregnancy, and the order of delivery. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 1998; 77: 189–191., , , , , .
- 18Correlation between prenatal and neonatal birth order in twin pregnancy. Am J Perinatol 2001; 18: 151–154., , .
- 19Determinants of perinatal mortality and serious neonatal morbidity in the second twin. Obstet Gynecol 2006; 108: 556–564., , , , , .
- 20Birth order of twins and risk of perinatal death related to delivery in England, Northern Ireland, and Wales, 1994–2003: retrospective cohort study. BMJ 2007; 334: 576., , .
- 21Neonatal outcomes of twin pregnancy according to the planned mode of delivery. Obstet Gynecol 2008; 111: 695–703., , , , , .
- 22Influence of mode of delivery on neonatal mortality in the second twin, at and before term. BJOG 2008; 115: 1512–1517., .
- 23Neonatal outcomes of twins according to birth order, presentation and mode of delivery: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BJOG 2011; 118: 523–532., , .
- 24Twin births: cesarean section or vaginal delivery? Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2012; 91: 463–469., , , , , .