Intrapartum transperineal ultrasound assessment of fetal head progression in active second stage of labor and mode of delivery
Article first published online: 25 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 41, Issue 4, pages 430–435, April 2013
How to Cite
Ghi, T., Youssef, A., Maroni, E., Arcangeli, T., De Musso, F., Bellussi, F., Nanni, M., Giorgetta, F., Morselli-Labate, A. M., Iammarino, M. T., Paccapelo, A., Cariello, L., Rizzo, N. and Pilu, G. (2013), Intrapartum transperineal ultrasound assessment of fetal head progression in active second stage of labor and mode of delivery. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 41: 430–435. doi: 10.1002/uog.12379
- Issue published online: 25 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 25 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 JAN 2013 05:17AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 DEC 2012
- 6Anatomic relationship between the pubic symphysis and ischial spines and its clinical significance in the assessment of fetal head engagement and station during labor. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2009; 33: 320–325., , , , .
- 14Transperineal ultrasound imaging in prolonged second stage of labor with occipitoanterior presenting fetuses: how well does the ‘angle of progression’ predict the mode of delivery? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2009; 33: 326–330., , , , , .
- 16American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Operative vaginal delivery. Clinical management guidelines for obstetrician-gynecologists. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2001; 74: 69–76.
- 18Normal Labor and Delivery. In Williams Obstetrics (22nd edn), Cunningham FG, Hauth JC, Leveno KJ, Gilstrap LC III, Bloom SL, Wenstrom KD (eds). McGraw-Hill: New York, NY, 2005; 409–442.
- 19Operative vaginal deliveries: indications, techniques and complications. In Best Practice in Labour and Delivery, Warren R, Arulkumaran S (eds). Cambridge University Press: New York, NY, 2009; 98., .
- 20Maternal anatomy. In Williams Obstetrics (22nd edn), Cunningham FG, Hauth JC, Leveno KJ, Gilstrap LC III, Bloom SL, Wenstrom KD (eds). McGraw-Hill: New York, NY, 2005: 13–38., , , , , .
- 23National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Intrapartum care: management and delivery of care to women in labour. 2007. Clinical Guideline No. 55. http://www.nice.org.uk/CG55 [Accessed 8 June 2012].
- 26Conduct of normal labor and delivery. In Williams Obstetrics, vol. 1, Lange A (ed). Appleton Lange: Stamford, CT, 1997; 409–443., , , , , , .
- 27Measurement of fetal head descent using the ‘angle of progression’ on transperineal ultrasound imaging is reliable regardless of fetal head station or ultrasound expertise. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2010; 35: 216–222., , , , , , .