Vaginal progesterone is associated with a decrease in risk for early preterm birth and improved neonatal outcome in women with a short cervix: a secondary analysis from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
Article first published online: 26 SEP 2007
Copyright © 2007 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 30, Issue 5, pages 697–705, October 2007
How to Cite
De Franco, E. A., O'Brien, J. M., Adair, C. D., Lewis, D. F., Hall, D. R., Fusey, S., Soma-Pillay, P., Porter, K., How, H., Schakis, R., Eller, D., Trivedi, Y., Vanburen, G., Khandelwal, M., Trofatter, K., Vidyadhari, D., Vijayaraghavan, J., Weeks, J., Dattel, B., Newton, E., Chazotte, C., Valenzuela, G., CAlda, P., Bsharat, M. and Creasy, G. W. (2007), Vaginal progesterone is associated with a decrease in risk for early preterm birth and improved neonatal outcome in women with a short cervix: a secondary analysis from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 30: 697–705. doi: 10.1002/uog.5159
- Issue published online: 26 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 26 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 AUG 2007
- 5March of Dimes. United States: infant mortality overview. http://www.marchofdimes.com/peristats/tlanding.aspx? reg = 99&lev = 0&top = 6&slev = 1&dv = qf [Accessed 26 May 2007].
- 20Prediction of patient-specific risk of early preterm delivery using maternal history and sonographic measurement of cervical length: a population-based prospective study. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2006; 27: 362–367., , , , .
- 23American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. ACOG Practice Bulletin. Assessment of risk factors for preterm birth: clinical management guidelines for obstetrician-gynecologists. Number 31, October 2001. Obstet Gynecol 2001; 98: 709–716.
- 24Institute of Medicine. Preterm Birth: Causes, Consequences, and Prevention, BehrmanRE, ButlerAS (eds). National Academies Press: Washington, DC, 2007.
- 28The effect of antigestagen ZK 98.299 on the uterine cervix. Acta Endocrino Logica 1987; (Suppl 283): 113–114, Abstract 133., , , .
- 31for the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network (MFMU). Comparison of maternal and infant outcomes from primary cesarean delivery during the second compared with the first stage of labor. Obstet Gynecol 2007; 109: 917–921., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,