First-trimester ultrasound and biochemical markers of aneuploidy and the prediction of preterm or early preterm delivery
Article first published online: 9 NOV 2007
Copyright © 2007 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 31, Issue 2, pages 147–152, February 2008
How to Cite
Spencer, K., Cowans, N. J., Molina, F., Kagan, K. O. and Nicolaides, K. H. (2008), First-trimester ultrasound and biochemical markers of aneuploidy and the prediction of preterm or early preterm delivery. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 31: 147–152. doi: 10.1002/uog.5163
- Issue published online: 5 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 9 NOV 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 AUG 2007
- This study was supported by a grant from the Fetal Medicine Foundation (Charity No: 1037116) and by a grant from NHS R&D (RF4 : Risk Assessment in Pregnancy) to KS
- 5Screening for chromosomal abnormalities in the first trimester using ultrasound and maternal serum biochemistry in a one-stop clinic: a review of three years prospective experience. BJOG 2003; 110: 281–286., , , , .
- 7Mutlitcenter study of first-trimester screening for trisomy 21 in 75 821 pregnancies: results and estimation of the potential impact of individual risk-orientated two-stage first-trimester screening. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2005; 25: 221–226., , , , .
- 19UK multicentre project on assessment of risk for trisomy 21 by maternal age and fetal nuchal translucency thickness at 10–14 weeks of gestation. Lancet 1998; 18: 519–521., , , , .
- 23First-trimester biochemical markers of aneuploidy and the prediction of small-for-gestational age fetuses. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2007. DOI: 10.1002/uog.5165., , , , .
- 26First-trimester maternal serum PAPP-A and free-beta subunit human chorionic gonadotropin concentrations and nuchal translucency are associated with obstetric complications: a population-based screening study (the FASTER Trial). Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004; 191: 1446–1451., , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 27First Trimester Maternal Serum Biochemistry and Fetal Nuchal Translucency Screening (BUN) Study Group. Association of extreme first-trimester free human chorionic gonadotropin-β, pregnancy-associated plasma protein A, and nuchal translucency with intrauterine growth restriction and other adverse pregnancy outcomes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004; 191: 1452–1458., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 30Prediction of patient-specific risk of early preterm delivery using maternal history and sonographic measurement of cervical length: a population-based prospective study. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2006; 27: 362–367., , , , .