Postmortem fetal organ volumetry using magnetic resonance imaging and comparison to organ weights at conventional autopsy
Article first published online: 18 DEC 2007
Copyright © 2007 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 31, Issue 2, pages 187–193, February 2008
How to Cite
Breeze, A. C. G., Gallagher, F. A., Lomas, D. J., Smith, G. C. S. and Lees, C. C. (2008), Postmortem fetal organ volumetry using magnetic resonance imaging and comparison to organ weights at conventional autopsy. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 31: 187–193. doi: 10.1002/uog.5199
- Issue published online: 5 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 18 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JUL 2007
- Members of the Cambridge Post-mortem MRI Study Group include: Dr Justin Cross, Dr Patricia Set, and Ilse Joubert of the Department of Radiology, Addenbrooke's Hospital; Dr Anita Whitehead and Dr Flora Jessop of the Department of Histopathology, Addenbrooke's Hospital, and Dr Gerald Hackett, Division of Maternal–Fetal Medicine, Addenbrooke's Hospital. We acknowledge the assistance of the pediatric pathology service staff of Addenbrooke's Hospital: N. Wood, G. Kenyon, S. Brown and M. Macer. This study was supported by a grant from the Trustees of the Addenbrooke's Charities and the Fund for Addenbrooke's. ACGB's salary was in part funded by Cambridge Fetal Care. Images were produced with the help of Richard Black, Medical Physics, Addenbrooke's Hospital, and statistical assistance was provided by Sarah Vowler of the Centre for Applied Medical Statistics, Cambridge.
- 9Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Royal College of Pathologists. Fetal and perinatal pathology: report of a joint working party. RCOG Press: London, 2001.
- 26International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements. Photon, Electron, Proton and Neutron Interaction Data for Body Tissues. Report 46. ICRU: Bethesda, MD, 1992.
- 27Physical properties of tissue. Academic Press: London, 1990..
- 29Confidential Enquiry into Maternal and Child Health. Stillbirth, Neonatal and Post-neonatal Mortality 2000–2003, England, Wales and Northern Ireland. RCOG Press: London, 2005.