Prenatal sonographic and MRI findings in a pregnancy complicated by uterine sacculation: case report and review of the literature
Article first published online: 1 AUG 2008
Copyright © 2008 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 32, Issue 4, pages 582–586, September 2008
How to Cite
Gottschalk, E. M., Siedentopf, J.-P., Schoenborn, I., Gartenschlaeger, S., Dudenhausen, J. W. and Henrich, W. (2008), Prenatal sonographic and MRI findings in a pregnancy complicated by uterine sacculation: case report and review of the literature. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 32: 582–586. doi: 10.1002/uog.6121
- Issue published online: 22 AUG 2008
- Article first published online: 1 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JUN 2008
- 1Ultrasonic assessment of hydronephrosis of pregnancy. Radiology 1983; 146: 167–170., , .
- 2Posterior sacculation of the uterus in a patient presenting with flank pain at 29 weeks of gestation. Obstet Gynecol 2005; 105: 639–641., , , , .
- 3Incarceration of the retroverted gravid uterus—a review. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 1999; 78: 665–668., .
- 4Anterior sacculation of the pregnant uterus. Obstet Gynecol 1962; 20: 536–538., , .
- 5Patient presentations: panel discussion. Posterior sacculation of the uterus in a patient with a double uterus. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1967; 99: 907–908..
- 6The incarcerated gravid uterus. Obstet Gynecol 1969; 33: 842–845., .
- 7The retroverted gravid uterus and its effect on the outcome of pregnancy. BMJ 1976; 1: 622–624., , , , .
- 8The Art of Midwifery, Improved. Curll, Pemberton and Taylor: London, 1716..
- 9Sacculation of the uterus and placenta accreta: MRI appearances. Br J Radiol 2000; 73: 1323–1325., , .
- 10Displacements of the uterus. In The Principles and Practice of Obstetrics (6th edn). W. B. Saunders: Philadelphia, PA, 1933; 438–455..
- 11Asymptomatic uterine incarceration at term. Obstet Gynecol 1996; 88: 721., , .
- 12Incarceration of the retroverted gravid uterus: a report of four cases. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 1991; 39: 151–155., , , .
- 13Sonographic findings of acute urinary retention secondary to an impacted pelvic mass. J Ultrasound Med 2002; 21: 1165–1169., .
- 14Incarceration of the gravid uterus. Obstet Gynecol Surv 1994; 49: 642–646., , , , .
- 15Ultrasound in acute urinary retention and retroverted gravid uterus. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2004; 23: 427..
- 16Acute urinary retention secondary to an incarcerated gravid uterus. Am J Emerg Med 1986; 4: 231–232..
- 17Zur Lehre von der Retroversio uteri gravidi. Arch Gynecol Obstet 1894; 46: 358–383..
- 18Role of magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of incarceration of the gravid uterus. Obstet Gynecol 2003; 102: 1134–1137., , , , , .
- 19Pelvic magnetic resonance imaging in the evaluation of uterine torsion. Obstet Gynecol 1995; 85: 888–890., , , .
- 20Cesarean delivery by posterior hysterotomy due to torsion of the pregnant uterus. Obstet Gynecol 2006; 107: 533–535., , , .
- 21Colonoscopic release of the incarcerated gravid uterus. Obstet Gynecol 1999; 94: 792–794., , , .
- 22Retroversion of the womb. Med Phys J (London) 1806; 16: 385–402..