Second-trimester sonographic soft markers: what can we learn from the experience of first-trimester nuchal translucency screening?
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2008
Copyright © 2008 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 32, Issue 2, pages 123–125, August 2008
How to Cite
Lau, T. K. and Evans, M. I. (2008), Second-trimester sonographic soft markers: what can we learn from the experience of first-trimester nuchal translucency screening?. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 32: 123–125. doi: 10.1002/uog.6134
- Issue published online: 29 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2008
- 1Anxiety and prenatal testing: do women with soft ultrasound findings have increased anxiety compared to women with other indications for testing? Prenat Diagn 2008; 28: 135–140., , , , , .
- 2The second trimester genetic sonogram. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 2007; 145C: 62–72., , .
- 3Nuchal translucency and other first-trimester sonographic markers of chromosomal abnormalities. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004; 191: 45–67..
- 4Screening for trisomy 21 by maternal age, fetal nuchal translucency thickness, free beta-human chorionic gonadotropin and pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2008; 31: 618–624., , , , .
- 5The Genetic Sonogram Scoring Index. Semin Perinatol 2003; 27: 124–129., .
- 6Screening for chromosomal defects. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2003; 21: 313–321..
- 7Second-trimester ultrasound to detect fetuses with Down syndrome: a meta-analysis. JAMA 2001; 285: 1044–1055., , , , .
- 8Diagnostic performance of intracardiac echogenic foci for Down syndrome: a meta-analysis. Obstet Gynecol 2003; 101: 1009–1016., , .
- 9Down syndrome risk estimation after normal genetic sonograph. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002; 187: 1226–1229., , , , , .
- 10Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC). Fetal soft markers in obstetric ultrasound. SOGC Clinical Practice Guidelines, No. 162, 2005.
- 11Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC). Prenatal screening for fetal aneuploidy. SOGC Clinical Practice Guidelines, No. 187, 2007.
- 12Genetic sonography after first-trimester Down syndrome screening. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2007; 29: 666–670., , , .
- 13Screening for trisomy 21 during the routine second-trimester ultrasound examination in an unselected Chilean population. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2007; 30: 946–951., , , , , , .
- 14Combining fetal nuchal fold thickness with second-trimester biochemistry to screen for trisomy 21. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2007; 30: 941–945., , , , , , , .
- 15‘Ceci n’est pas une échographie': a plea for quality assessment in prenatal ultrasound. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2008; 31: 1–5..
- 16Feasibility and reproducibility of an image-scoring method for quality control of fetal biometry in the second trimester. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2006; 27: 34–40., , , , , .
- 17Learning curve for Doppler assessment of ductus venosus flow at 11 + 0 to 13 + 6 weeks' gestation. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2008; 31: 503–506., , , , .