Sonographic fetal weight estimation in prolonged pregnancy: comparative study of two- and three-dimensional methods
Version of Record online: 29 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2009 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 33, Issue 3, pages 295–300, March 2009
How to Cite
Lindell, G. and Maršál, K. (2009), Sonographic fetal weight estimation in prolonged pregnancy: comparative study of two- and three-dimensional methods. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 33: 295–300. doi: 10.1002/uog.6281
- Issue online: 26 FEB 2009
- Version of Record online: 29 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JUL 2008
- 1Shoulder dystocia and brachial plexus injury: a population-based study. Gynecol Obstet Invest 2002; 53: 42–47., .
- 2A systematic review of the ultrasound estimation of fetal weight. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2005; 25: 80–89..
- 3Intrauterine growth restriction. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 2002; 14: 127–135..
- 4Ultrasound diagnosis of fetal macrosomia: a comparison of weight prediction models using computer simulation. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2005; 26: 500–503., .
- 5Estimation of birth weight by two-dimensional ultrasonography. A critical appraisal of its accuracy. Obstet Gynecol 2008; 111: 57–65., , , , .
- 6Ultrasonic measurement of fetal abdomen circumference in the estimation of fetal weight. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1975; 82: 689–697., .
- 7Estimation of fetal weight with the use of head, body, and femur measurements—a prospective study. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1985; 151: 333–337., , , , .
- 8Intra-uterine weight curves obtained by ultrasound. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 1986; 65: 169–173., .
- 9Birthweight prediction by three-dimensional ultrasonographic volumes of the fetal thigh and abdomen. J Ultrasound Med 1997; 16: 799–805., , , , , , .
- 10Birth weight prediction by three-dimensional ultrasonography: fractional limb volume. J Ultrasound Med 2001; 20: 1283–1292., , , , , .
- 11Soft tissue parameters improve the precision of fetal weight estimation. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2006; 28: 389., , , , , , , .
- 12A standardized plane for biparietal diameter measurement. J Ultrasound Med 1982; 1: 145–150., .
- 13Fetal weight estimation by three-dimensional ultrasound. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2000; 16: 445–452., , .
- 14Individualized growth assessment of fetal soft tissue using fractional thigh volume. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2004; 24: 766–774., , , , , , .
- 15Fundamentals of Biostatistics (4th edn). Duxbury Press: Belmont, CA, 1995..
- 16A comparison of clinical and ultrasonic estimation of fetal weight. Obstet Gynecol 1998; 91: 212–217., , , , , .
- 17Limitations of clinical and sonographic estimation of birth weight: experience with 1034 parturients. Obstet Gynecol 1998; 91: 72–77., , , , , .
- 18The effect of body mass index on three methods of fetal weight estimation. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 2002; 109: 651–657., , .
- 19Clinical and ultrasound estimation of birth weight prior to induction of labor at term. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2007; 29: 304–309., , .
- 20Predicting macrosomia. J Ultrasound Med 2008; 27: 39–43., , , .
- 21Accuracy of sonographically estimated fetal weight in 840 women with different pregnancy complications prior to induction of labor. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2004; 23: 172–176., , , , , , .
- 22Accuracy of sonographic estimation of fetal weight before induction of labor in diabetic pregnancies and pregnancies with suspected fetal macrosomia. J Perinat Med 2003; 31: 225–230., , , , .
- 23Comparison of magnetic resonance imaging to ultrasound in the estimation of birth weight at term. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003; 189: 1017–1020., , , .
- 24Intrauterine growth curves based on ultrasonically estimated foetal weights. Acta Paediatr 1996; 85: 843–848., , , , , .