Impact of audit of routine second-trimester cardiac images using a novel image-scoring method
Article first published online: 9 APR 2009
Copyright © 2009 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 33, Issue 5, pages 545–551, May 2009
How to Cite
Sairam, S., Awadh, A. M. A., Cook, K., Papageorghiou, A. T. and Carvalho, J. S. (2009), Impact of audit of routine second-trimester cardiac images using a novel image-scoring method. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 33: 545–551. doi: 10.1002/uog.6323
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 9 APR 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 SEP 2008
- 1Congenital heart disease: prevalence at live birth. The Baltimore-Washington infant study. Am J Epidemiol 1985; 121: 31–36., , , , , , , .
- 2Incidence of congenital heart disease: I—postnatal incidence, Pediatr Cardiol 1995; 16: 103–113..
- 3Trends in prenatal diagnosis of critical cardiac defects in an integrated obstetric and pediatric cardiac imaging center. J Perinatol 2004; 24: 674–678., , , .
- 4Current and potential impact of fetal diagnosis on prevalence and spectrum of serious congenital heart disease at term in the UK. Lancet 1999; 354: 1242–1247..
- 5Death in infancy from unrecognized congenital heart disease. Arch Dis Child 1994; 71: 3–7., , .
- 6The AIUM/ACR antepartum obstetrical sonographic guidelines: expectations for detection of anomalies. J Ultrasound Med 1993; 12: 189–196., , , .
- 7Screening for congenital heart disease. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 2004; 31: 51–59..
- 8Prenatal diagnosis of congenital heart disease in the northern region of England: benefits of a training programme for obstetric ultrasonographers. Heart 2000; 84: 294–298., , , .
- 9Diagnosis of cardiac defects: where we've been, where we are and where we're going. Prenat Diagn 2002; 22: 280–284., , .
- 10Cardiac screening examination of the fetus: guidelines for performing the ‘basic’ and ‘extended basic’ cardiac scan. International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2006; 27: 107–113.
- 11Nuchal translucency audit: a novel image scoring method. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1998; 12: 398–403., , , , , .
- 12UK multicentre project on assessment of risk of trisomy 21 by maternal age and fetal nuchal-translucency thickness at 10–14 weeks of gestation. Fetal Medicine Foundation First Trimester Screening Group. Lancet 1998; 352: 343–346., , , , .
- 13First-trimester trisomy screening: nuchal translucency measurement training and quality assurance to correct and unify technique. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2002; 19: 353–359., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 14The importance of quality management in fetal measurement. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2002; 19: 190–196., .
- 15Feasibility and reproducibility of an image-scoring method for quality control of fetal biometry in the second trimester. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2006; 27: 34–40., , , , , .
- 16Quality control of an image-scoring method for nuchal translucency ultrasonography. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2007; 196: 272.e1–272.e5., , , , , , .