Ductus venosus Doppler in screening for trisomies 21, 18 and 13 and Turner syndrome at 11–13 weeks of gestation
Version of Record online: 31 MAR 2009
Copyright © 2009 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 33, Issue 5, pages 512–517, May 2009
How to Cite
Maiz, N., Valencia, C., Kagan, K. O., Wright, D. and Nicolaides, K. H. (2009), Ductus venosus Doppler in screening for trisomies 21, 18 and 13 and Turner syndrome at 11–13 weeks of gestation. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 33: 512–517. doi: 10.1002/uog.6330
- Issue online: 28 APR 2009
- Version of Record online: 31 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JAN 2009
- The Fetal Medicine Foundation. Grant Number: 1037116
- 1Screening for chromosomal abnormalities at 11–14 weeks: the role of ductus venosus blood flow. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1998; 12: 380–384., , , , .
- 2The role of ductus venosus blood flow assessment in screening for chromosomal abnormalities at 10–16 weeks of gestation. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2001; 17: 295–300., , , , , , , .
- 3Application of ductus venosus Doppler velocimetry for the detection of fetal aneuploidy in the first trimester of pregnancy. Fetal Diagn Ther 2002; 17: 308–314., , , .
- 4First-trimester ductus venosus velocimetry in relation to nuchal translucency thickness and fetal karyotype. Fetal Diagn Ther 2002; 17: 52–57., , , , .
- 5Ductus venosus assessment at the time of nuchal translucency measurement in the detection of fetal aneuploidy. Prenat Diagn 2003; 23: 921–926., , , , , .
- 6Ductus venosus blood flow assessment at 11 to 14 weeks of gestation and fetal outcome. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2004; 23: 341–345., , , , , , .
- 7First-trimester ductus venosus, nasal bones, and Down syndrome in a high-risk population. Obstet Gynecol 2005; 105: 1348–1354., , , , .
- 8UK multicentre project on assessment of risk of trisomy 21 by maternal age and fetal nuchal-translucency thickness at 10–14 weeks of gestation. Lancet 1998; 352: 343–346., , , , .
- 9Multicenter study of first-trimester screening for trisomy 21 in 75 821 pregnancies: results and estimation of the potential impact of individual risk-orientated two-stage first-trimester screening. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2005; 25: 221–226., , , , .
- 10Screening for trisomies 21, 18 and 13 by maternal age, fetal NT, fetal heart rate, free β hCG and PAPP-A. Hum Reprod 2008; 23: 1968–1975., , , , .
- 11Learning curve for Doppler assessment of ductus venosus flow at 11–13 + 6 weeks. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2008; 31: 503–506., , , , .
- 12Office for National Statistics. Birth Statistics. Review of the Registrar General on births and patterns of family building in England and Wales. 2000–2002. Series FM1, number 29–31. Stationery Office: London.
- 13The publishing of papers on first-trimester Doppler. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1999; 14: 159–160., .
- 14Post-natal developmental changes in the length tension relationship of cat papillary muscles. J Physiol 1975; 253: 95–102., , , .
- 15Age-related changes in myocardial relaxation and sarcoplasmic reticulum function. Am J Physiol 1990; 259: H309–H316., , , .
- 16Fetal atrioventricular flow-velocity waveforms and their relation to arterial and venous flow-velocity waveforms at 8 to 20 weeks of gestation. Circulation 1996; 94: 1372–1373., , .
- 17Cardiac defects in chromosomally normal fetuses with abnormal ductus venosus blood flow at 10–14 weeks. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1999; 14: 307–310., , , , .
- 18Screening for adverse pregnancy outcome by Ductus venosus Doppler at 11–13+6 weeks. Obstet Gynecol 2008; 112: 598–605., , , , .
- 19First-trimester maternal serum pregancy-associated plasma protein-A and preeclampsia. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2009; 33: 23–33., , , , .
- 20First-trimester biochemical markers of aneuploidy and the prediction of small-for-gestational age fetuses. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2008; 31: 15–19., , , , .
- 21Screening for trisomy 21 by fetal tricuspid regurgitation, nuchal translucency and maternal serum free beta-hCG and PAPP-A at 11 + 0 to 13 + 6 weeks. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2006; 27: 151–155., , , , .
- 22Nasal bone in first-trimester screening for trisomy 21. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006; 195: 109–114., , , , .