Reference range for cervical length throughout pregnancy: non-parametric LMS-based model applied to a large sample
Version of Record online: 10 MAR 2009
Copyright © 2009 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 33, Issue 4, pages 459–464, April 2009
How to Cite
Salomon, L. J., Diaz-Garcia, C., Bernard, J. P. and Ville, Y. (2009), Reference range for cervical length throughout pregnancy: non-parametric LMS-based model applied to a large sample. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 33: 459–464. doi: 10.1002/uog.6332
- Issue online: 23 MAR 2009
- Version of Record online: 10 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 NOV 2008
- 1Primary, secondary, and tertiary interventions to reduce the morbidity and mortality of preterm birth. Lancet 2008; 371: 164–175., , , .
- 2Cervical ultrasonography compared with manual examination as a predictor of preterm delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1997; 177: 723–730., , , , , .
- 3Sonographic measurement of uterine cervix at 18–22 weeks' gestation and the risk of preterm delivery. Obstet Gynecol 1998; 92: 902–907., .
- 4Cervical length at 23 weeks of gestation: prediction of spontaneous preterm delivery. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1998; 12: 312–317., , , , .
- 5Transvaginal sonographic assessment of cervical dynamics during the third trimester of normal pregnancy. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 1997; 76: 118–122., , , , , , .
- 6Transvaginal ultrasonographic cervical assessment for the prediction of preterm delivery. J Matern Fetal Med 1996; 5: 305–309., , , , , , , , , , , .
- 7Vaginal ultrasonographic assessment of cervical length changes during normal pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1990; 162: 991–993., , , , .
- 8The length of the cervix and the risk of spontaneous premature delivery. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit Network. N Engl J Med 1996; 334: 567–572., , , , , , , , , , .
- 9Gestational age at cervical length measurement and incidence of preterm birth. Obstet Gynecol 2007; 110: 311–317., , , , .
- 10[Vaginal ultrasound cervix imaging in pregnancy—predictive value of suspicious findings on the subsequent course of pregnancy]. Zentralbl Gynakol 1994; 116: 697–705., , .
- 11[Vaginal ultrasound studies of cervix closure with special reference to parity]. Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd 1992; 52: 148–151., , , .
- 12Cervical length in normal pregnancy as measured by transvaginal sonography. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 1997; 58: 313–315., , .
- 13Prediction of risk for preterm delivery by ultrasonographic measurement of cervical length. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1990; 163: 859–867., , , .
- 14Transvaginal sonography of cervical width and length during pregnancy. J Ultrasound Med 1992; 11: 465–467., , , .
- 15Cervical length at 16–22 weeks' gestation and risk for preterm delivery. Obstet Gynecol 2000; 96: 972–978., , .
- 16Reference data representative of normal findings at two-dimensional and three-dimensional gray-scale ultrasound examination of the cervix from 17 to 41 weeks' gestation. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2006; 27: 392–402., , , .
- 17A critical evaluation of sonar “crown–rump length” measurements. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1975; 82: 702–710., .
- 18How to construct ‘normal ranges’ for fetal variables. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1998; 11: 30–38., .
- 19Charts of fetal size: 1. Methodology. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1994; 101: 29–34., .
- 20Robust Statistics. Wiley: New York, NY, 1981..
- 21Maximum likelihood estimation of misspecified models. Econometrica 1982; 50: 1–25..
- 22Smoothing reference centile curves: the LMS method and penalized likelihood. Stat Med 1992; 11: 1305–1319., .
- 23LMS ChartMaker light. 1997–2005; Medical Research Council: London, UK., .
- 24A comparison of statistical methods for age-related references intervals. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A 1997; 160: 47–69., .
- 25Statistical methods for constructing gestational age-related reference intervals and centile charts for fetal size. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2007; 29: 6–13., .
- 26Early prediction of preterm delivery by transvaginal ultrasonography. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1992; 2: 402–409., , , .
- 27Cervical length and prediction of preterm delivery. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 2007; 19: 191–195., .
- 28A longitudinal study of the cervix in pregnancy using transvaginal ultrasound. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1996; 103: 16–18., .
- 29Patterns of normal change in cervical length and width during pregnancy in nulliparous women: a prospective, longitudinal ultrasound study. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2001; 18: 217–222., .
- 302000 CDC Growth Charts for the United States: Methods and Development, 2002. Department Of Health And Human Services. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention–National Center for Health Statistics: Hyattsville, USA., , .
- 31CUSUM: a tool for ongoing assessment of performance. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2008; 31: 252–255., , .
- 32Analysis of Z-score distribution for the quality control of fetal ultrasound measurements at 20–24 weeks. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2005; 26: 750–754., , .
- 33The international growth standard for preadolescent and adolescent children: statistical considerations. Food Nutr Bull 2006; 27(4 Suppl Growth Standard): S237–S243..