Interobserver repeatability of three- and four-dimensional transperineal ultrasound assessment of pelvic floor muscle anatomy and function
Article first published online: 28 APR 2009
Copyright © 2009 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Volume 33, Issue 5, pages 567–573, May 2009
How to Cite
Majida, M., Brækken, I. H., Umek, W., Bø, K., Šaltytė Benth, J. and Ellstrøm Engh, M. (2009), Interobserver repeatability of three- and four-dimensional transperineal ultrasound assessment of pelvic floor muscle anatomy and function. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 33: 567–573. doi: 10.1002/uog.6351
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 OCT 2008
- 1Epidemiology of genital prolapse: observations from the Oxford Family Planning Association Study. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1997; 104: 579–585., , .
- 2Case-control study of etiologic factors in the development of severe pelvic organ prolapse. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 2001; 12: 187–192., , .
- 3Epidemiology of surgically managed pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence. Obstet Gynecol 1997; 89: 501–506., , , , .
- 4Formal cystocele repair with bladder neck suspension. In Atlas of the Urologic Clinics of North America. LeachGE (ed.). W.B. Saunders: Philadelphia, PA, 1994; 2(1) 37–46., , .
- 5Vaginal ultrasonography versus colpo-cysto-urethrography in the evaluation of female urinary incontinence. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 1994; 73: 338–342., .
- 6Sonographic evaluation of the bladder neck in continent and stress-incontinent women. Obstet Gynecol 1999; 93: 412–416., , , , , .
- 7Appearance of the levator ani muscle subdivisions in magnetic resonance images. Obstet Gynecol 2006; 107: 1064–1069., , , , , .
- 8The hidden epidemic of pelvic floor dysfunction: achievable goals for improved prevention and treatment. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2005; 192: 1488–1495..
- 9The anatomy of the pelvic floor. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 1994; 6: 313–316..
- 10Two- and 3-dimensional MRI comparison of levator ani structure, volume, and integrity in women with stress incontinence and prolapse. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2001; 185: 11–19., , , , .
- 11Ultrasound imaging of the pelvic floor. Part II: Three-dimensional or volume imaging. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2004; 23: 615–625..
- 12Test–retest and intra-observer repeatability of two-, three- and four-dimensional perineal ultrasound of pelvic floor muscle anatomy and function. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 2008; 19: 227–235., , , , , .
- 13Biometry of the pubovisceral muscle and levator hiatus by three-dimensional pelvic floor ultrasound. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2005; 25: 580–585., , .
- 14Ultrasound in the quantification of female pelvic organ prolapse. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2001; 18: 511–514., , .
- 15Practical statistics for medical research. Chapman & Hall/CRC: London, 1999..
- 16Analysis of agreement between measurments of continuous variables: general principles and lessons from studies of imaging of carotid stenosis. Neurology 2000; 247: 825–834..
- 17Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement. Lancet 1986; 1: 307–310., .
- 18Biometry of the pubovisceral muscle and levator hiatus in nulliparous Chinese women. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2006; 28: 710–716., , .
- 19Pelvic floor function in nulliparous women using three-dimensional ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging. Obstet Gynecol 2008; 111: 631–638., , , .
- 20Size of the urogenital hiatus in levator ani muscles in normal women and women with pelvic organ prolapse. Obstet Gynecol 1998; 91: 364–368., .
- 21Levator trauma after vaginal delivery. Obstet Gynecol 2005; 106: 707–712., .
- 22The influence of posture on perineal ultrasound imaging parameters. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 2001; 12: 104–106., .
- 23Intraobserver and interobserver reproducibility of three-dimensional gray-scale and power Doppler ultrasound examinations of the cervix in pregnant women. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2005; 26: 132–137., , , .
- 24Measuring agreement in method comparison studies. Stat Methods Med Res 1999; 8: 135–160., .
- 25Perineal ultrasound: determination of reliable examination procedures. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1996; 7: 347–352., , , .
- 26Revisiting reliability of quantified perineal ultrasound: Bland and Altman analysis of a new protocol for the rectangular coordinate method. Neurourology & Urodynamics 2006; 25: 731–738., , , , , , .