The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the World Bank, or of the Executive Directors of the World Bank or the governments they represent.
Criticizing green stimulus
Article first published online: 6 NOV 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change
Volume 5, Issue 1, pages 15–21, January/February 2014
How to Cite
Brahmbhatt, M. (2014), Criticizing green stimulus. WIREs Clim Change, 5: 15–21. doi: 10.1002/wcc.257
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 6 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 10 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 29 JAN 2013
- 1International Institute for Labour Studies (IILS). Green Stimulus Measures. EC-IILS Joint Discussion Paper Series No. 15, 2011.
- 2Fiscal policy for growth and development. In: Dodson BM, ed. Is Fiscal Policy the Answer? A Developing Country Perspective. Washington DC: World Bank; 2012., .
- 32012., . Fiscal policy in a depressed economy. Paper presented at Spring 2012 Brookings Panel on Economic Activity, 20 March,
- 42013., . Growth forecast errors and fiscal multipliers. IMF Working Paper WP/13/1,
- 5, , . How big (small) are fiscal multipliers? Working Paper 16479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, MA, October, 2010.
- 62011.. Fiscal policy and debt dynamics in developing countries. World Bank Policy Research Working Paper 5666, May,
- 7. Green jobs. In: An Economic View of the Environment Blog. Harvard Kennedy School, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Cambridge, MA, 2009.
- 82009.. Barking up the wrong tree: why “green jobs” may not save the economy or the environment. Slate Magazine;
- 92011.A preliminary review of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act's Clean Energy Package. HKS Faculty Research Working Paper Series RWP11-048, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University,
- 102011. The Porter hypothesis at 20: can environmental regulation enhance innovation and competitiveness? Discussion Paper 11-01, Resources for the Future, Washington DC., , , .
- 122010., . Green stimulus, economic recovery and long-term sustainable development. World Bank Working Paper Series WPS 5163,
- 13Council of Economic Advisers. Recovery act third quarterly report—supplement. The ARRA and the Clean Energy Transformation, Washington DC, April 14, 2010.
- 14World Bank. Issues in estimating the employment generated by energy sector activities. World Bank Working Paper, 2011.
- 162011.‘Green’ growth, ‘green’ jobs and labor markets. Paper prepared for the World Bank. LSE-Grantham Research Institute for Climate Change and the Environment, December
- 172009., , . Study of the effects on employment of public aid to renewable energy sources. Working paper, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain,
- 182009., , , . Economic impacts from the promotion of renewable energy technologies: the German experience. Ruhr Economic Papers Number 156,
- 192011., . Worth the candle? The economic impact of renewable energy policy in Scotland and the U.K. Verso Economics, March
- 20EmployRES: The Impact of Renewable Energy Policy on Economic Growth and Employment in the European Union. Karlsruhe: Fraunhofer ISI; 2009., , , , .
- 212009., . NREL response to the report study of the effects on employment of public aid to renewable energy sources from King Juan Carlos University (Spain). National Renewable Energy Laboratory White Paper NREL/TP-6A2-46261,
- 22European Court of Auditors. Cost-effectiveness of cohesion policy investments in energy efficiency. Special Report No. 21, 2012.
- 23Australian National Audit Office. Home insulation program. The Auditor General. Audit Report No. 12 2010-11, 2010.
- 242011., . Did the stimulus stimulate? Real time estimates of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. NBER Working Paper 16759, December 5,
- 25Smart Growth America. Recent lessons from the stimulus: transportation funding and job creation. February 2011.
- 26OECD. Green Growth: Overcoming the Crisis and Beyond. Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, Paris; 2009.
- 27Recovery.gov. Segment of recovery funded high-speed rail system completed. Available at: http://www.recovery.gov/News/featured/Pages/Segment-of-Recovery-Funded-High-Speed-Rail-System-Completed.aspx. (November 14, 2012)
- 282011.. What's good for the goose is good for the gander: Rahm's doctrine and Mercutio's complaint. In: An Economic View of the Environment blog, Harvard Kennedy School, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs;