Governing the carbon offset market
Article first published online: 16 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change
Volume 1, Issue 3, pages 353–362, May/June 2010
How to Cite
Lovell, H. C. (2010), Governing the carbon offset market. WIREs Clim Change, 1: 353–362. doi: 10.1002/wcc.43
- Issue published online: 8 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 16 APR 2010
- 1http://www.foe.co.uk/resource/reports/dangerous_obsession.pdf. (Accessed December 10, 2009).
- 4The World Bank State and Trends of the Carbon Market 2009. New York: The World Bank; 2009.,
- 5The Clean Development Mechanism: An Assessment of Current Practice and Future Approaches for Policy. Oxford: Environmental Change Institute Oxford, Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research in cooperation with EcoSecurities; 2007., , , , , et al.
- 7http://unfccc.int/essential_background/kyoto_protocol/items/1678.php. (Accessed August 22, 2008).
- 9Fortifying the Foundation: State of the Voluntary Carbon Markets 2009. New York and Washington: Ecosystem Marketplace and New Carbon Finance; 2009., , , .
- 10http://www.ecosystemmarketplace.com/documents/cms_documents/2008_StateofVoluntaryCarbonMarket2.pdf. (Accessed May 8, 2008).
- 11Carbon trading: A Critical Conversation on Climate Change, Privatisation and Power. Uppsala: Mediaprint; 2006..
- 125., . Industry Caught in Carbon ‘smokescreen’, in The Financial Times, 25th April 2007, London. p.
- 132007, London. p. 10., . To Cancel Out the CO2 of a Return Flight to India, It Will Take One Poor Villager Three Years of Pumping Water by Foot. So is Carbon Offsetting the Best Way to Ease Your Conscience?, in The Times.
- 15http://offsetting.decc.gov.uk/cms/assets/Uploads/New Folder-3/090909-Scheme-Requirements-version-1.3-final.pdf. (Accessed December 14, 2009).
- 16ENDS. Carbon Offset Providers to Reject Government Code, in Environmental Data Services (ENDS). 2009; 13–14.
- 17DECC. The Government's Quality Asssurance Scheme for Carbon Offsetting: Approval Requirements and Procedures for Offset Providers. London: Department of Energy and Climate Change; 2009.
- 18Making Sense of the Voluntary Carbon Market: a comparison of offset standards. WWF International, The Stockholm Environment Institute, and Tricorona: WWF Germany; 2008., , .