Linear relationship of damping ratios in resonance-type fatigue testing of a wind turbine blade
Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Lee, H. G. and Park, J. (2013), Linear relationship of damping ratios in resonance-type fatigue testing of a wind turbine blade. Wind Energ.. doi: 10.1002/we.1623
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 10 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 JAN 2013
- Korea Government Ministry of Knowledge Economy. Grant Number: 2012 T100201707
- wind turbine;
- fatigue test;
- damping ratio;
- resonance frequency
Damping ratios during resonance-type fatigue testing of a 44 m wind turbine blade were found with respect to six different test setups. Based on a suggested parameter, six different lines of damping ratios at different test setups were linearized into a single line. Using the line, damping ratios at other plausible test setups can be predicted. Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.