The copyright line for this article was changed on 29 September 2014 after original online publication.
On the integration of lightning protection with stealth coated wind turbine blades
Version of Record online: 16 JUL 2013
©2013 The Authors. Wind Energy published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 17, Issue 10, pages 1577–1585, October 2014
How to Cite
2014), On the integration of lightning protection with stealth coated wind turbine blades, Wind Energy, 17, pages 1577–1585, doi: 10.1002/we.1652, and (
- Issue online: 3 SEP 2014
- Version of Record online: 16 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 14 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUL 2012
- 1Stealthy wind turbines—Addressing the radar issue, BWEA28 Conference, Glasgow, October 2006..
- 2Stealth solutions to solve the radar-wind farm interaction problem, 2007 Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference, Loughborough, April 2007., , .
- 3Low RCS turbines, BWEA31 Conference, Liverpool, October 2009..
- 4Resolving performance conflicts between radar absorbing materials, lightning protection and cost-effective structural performance in new wind turbine blade designs, EWEC 09 Conference, Marseille, March 2009., , , , , .
- 5Partial treatment of wind turbine blades with radar absorbing materials (RAM) for RCS reduction, European Conference on Antennas and Propagation 2010, Barcellona, April 2010., .
- 6“Wind farms impact on radar aviation interests”. DTI report number W/14/00614/00/REP, BWEA Radar Aviation Interests Report, September 2003..
- 7Radar Cross Section, 2nd ed. Artech House: Boston, 1993., , .
- 8Absorbent body for electromagnetic waves. U.S. Patent 2 599 944, June 1952..
- 9Wind turbine generator systems – Part 24: Lightning protection for wind turbines”, June 2010..
- 11New test method for evaluating the lightning protection system on wind turbine blades, ICLP 2006, Kanazawa, September 2006., , , , .
- 12Application of numerical models to determine lightning attachment points on wind turbines, International Conference on Lightning and Static Electricity 2007, Paris, August 2007., , , .