Paper Presented at AWEA Windpower 2012
Modeling stable thermal stratification and its impact on wind flow over topography
Version of Record online: 14 JAN 2014
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 18, Issue 2, pages 369–383, February 2015
How to Cite
2015) Modeling stable thermal stratification and its impact on wind flow over topography, Wind Energ., 18, 369–383, doi: 10.1002/we.1692., , , and (
- Issue online: 21 JAN 2015
- Version of Record online: 14 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 4 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 AUG 2012
- 2Comparison of WASP, CFD, NWP and analytical methods for estimating site wide wind speeds. Proceedings from AWEA Windpower, Chicago, IL, 2009., , , , .
- 3Wind in complex terrain. A comparison of WAsP and Two CFD-models. Proceedings from EWEC, Athens, Greece, 2006., , , , .
- 11Simulation of atmospheric flows over complex terrain for wind power potential assessment. Doctoral Thesis, École Polytechnique Fédérale De Lausanne, 1998..
- 12Influence of thermal stability on CFD simulations. Presented at EWEA, Brussels, Belgium, 2011., , .
- 13Considerations about the role of atmospheric stability in CFD models. Presented at EWEA, Brussels, Belgium, 2011..
- 14Approaches to modelling atmospheric stability in STAR-CCM+. Presented at EWEA, Brussels, Belgium, 2011..
- 15New developments on thermal stability in meteodyn WT. Presented at EWEA, Brussels, Belgium, 2011., , .
- 16CD-adapco. STAR-CCM+ version 5.06.010 user guide, 2010.
- 19Sensitivity analysis on turbulence models for the ABL in complex terrain. Scientific Proceedings of EWEC, Milan, Italy, 2007., , .
- 20Numerical simulation of the Atmospheric Boundary Layer (ABL) over complex terrains. Proceedings from EWEC, London, UK, 2004., , , .
- 23Turbulent Prandtl number in stably stratified atmospheric boundary layer: intercomparison between LES and SHEBA data. Wind Engineering 2007. ISSN 1901-9181., .
- 25Basic laws of turbulent mixing in the surface layer of the atmosphere. Tr. Akad. Nauk SSSR Geophiz. Inst. 1954; 24: 163–187., .
- 26A model for the stationary, stable boundary layer. Proceedings of the Conference on Models of Turbulence and Diffusion in Stably Stratified Regions of the Natural Environment, 1983..
- 28Current problems of stable boundary layer modelling. Proceedings of HIRLAM Baltic Workshop, 2003; 21–22..
- 30Atmospheric stability and its effects on wind speed correlations. Presented at CanWEA, Toronto, Canada, 2012., , , , .
- 33Topographic Effects in Stratified Flows. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK, 1995..
- 34CFD can consistently improve wind speed predictions and reduce uncertainty in complex terrain. Proceedings from EWEA, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2012., , , , , , .
- 35European wind atlas. Report from the Risø National Laboratory, Roskilde, Denmark, 1989., .
- 36A high resolution spectral model for flow in complex terrain. Proceedings from the 9th Symposium on Turbulence and Diffusion, Roskilde, Denmark, 1990..
- 37Improving WAsP predictions in (too) complex terrain. Proceedings from EWEC. Brussels, Belgium, 2008., , .
- 38Field validation of the ΔRIX performance indicator for flow in complex terrain. Proceedings from EWEC, Brussels, Belgium, 2008., , , .