Article written while employed at SINTEF Energy Research, Trondheim, Norway.
Method for assessing impact of large-scale wind power integration on reserves
Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2007
Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Special Issue: Grid Integration of Wind Power Generating Plants
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 85–96, January/February 2008
How to Cite
Norheim, I. and Pudjianto, D. (2008), Method for assessing impact of large-scale wind power integration on reserves. Wind Energ., 11: 85–96. doi: 10.1002/we.252
- Issue online: 24 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 8 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Received: 15 NOV 2006
- 1Power reserve in interconnected systems with high wind power production. 2001 IEEE Porto Power Tech Conference, Porto, Portugal..
- 2The impact of large scale wind power production on the Nordic electricity system. Dissertation for the degree of Doctor of Science in Technology, Helsinki University of Technology, 2004..
- 3ILEX Energy and Strbac G. Quantifying The System Costs of Additional Renewables 2020. A report to the UK Department of Trade and Industry, 2002. [Online]. Available: http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file21352.pdf (Accessed 2 October 2007)
- 4Stepwise power flow—a new tool to analyse capacity shortage and reserve requirements. 15th Power Systems Computation Conference, Liege, Belgium, 2005., , , .
- 5Available: http://www.siemens.com/index.jsp?sdc_p=cflmo1430511psu12z3& (Accessed 2 October 2007)
- 6http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/matpower/. (Accessed 21 March 2006), , . Available:
- 7Response Prices & Curves. The National Grid Company plc, Market Development, 2001.
- 82005. [Online]. Available: http://www.eee.manchester.ac.uk/research/groups/eeps/publications/reportstheses/aoe/rebours%20et%20al_tech%20rep_2005B.pdf (Accessed 2 October 2007), . A Survey of Definitions and Specifications of Reserve Services, Version 2, University of Manchester,