Special Issue Paper
Extreme loads for an offshore wind turbine using statistical extrapolation from limited field data
Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2008
Copyright © 2008 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Special Issue: Special Issue on Design Load Definition
Volume 11, Issue 6, pages 673–684, November/December 2008
How to Cite
Agarwal, P. and Manuel, L. (2008), Extreme loads for an offshore wind turbine using statistical extrapolation from limited field data. Wind Energ., 11: 673–684. doi: 10.1002/we.301
- Issue online: 20 NOV 2008
- Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 17 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Received: 22 NOV 2006
- 1An Introduction to Bootstrap. Chapman and Hall: New York, 1993, .
- 2Design methods for offshore wind turbines at exposed sites. Final Report of the OWTES Project, Garrad Hassan and Partners Ltd., Bristol, UK, November 2003., , , , , , , , , , .
- 3IEC. IEC 61400–1, Wind Turbines—Part 1: Design Requirements, 2005.
- 4IEC. IEC 61400–3, Wind Turbines—Part 3: Design Requirements for Offshore Wind Turbines, TC88 WG3 Committee Draft, 2005.
- 5NDV. Offshore Standard DNV-OS-J101: Design of Offshore Structures, June 2004.
- 7Design Methods for Offshore Wind Turbines at Exposed Sites—Hydrodynamic Loading on Offshore Wind Turbines. Delft University of Technology Section Wind Energy: Delft, The Netherlands, 2003.(ed.).
- 8Predicting design wind turbine loads from limited data: comparing random process and random peak models. Proceedings of the 2001 Wind Energy Symposium, Reno, NV, January, 2001; 355–364., .
- 9Extrapolation of extreme and fatigue loads using probabilistic methods. National Renewable Energy Laboratory TP-500–34421, 2004., , .