Paper Presented at AWEA WINDPOWER 2010
‘Good’ or ‘bad’ wind power forecasts: a relative concept
Article first published online: 13 DEC 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 14, Issue 5, pages 625–636, July 2011
How to Cite
Bessa, R. J., Miranda, V., Botterud, A. and Wang, J. (2011), ‘Good’ or ‘bad’ wind power forecasts: a relative concept. Wind Energ., 14: 625–636. doi: 10.1002/we.444
- Issue published online: 21 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 13 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 28 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Received: 26 APR 2010
- 12009. Technical report ANL/DIS-10-1. Argonne National Laboratory, 2009. [Online]. Available: http://www.dis.anl.gov/projects/windpowerforecasting.html. (Accessed 10 October 2010), , , , , Wind power forecasting: state-of-the-art
- 4Standardizing the performance evaluation of short-term wind prediction models. Wind Engineering 2005; 29: 475–489., , , ,
- 5Industry Work Group. Wind power forecasting pilot project—industry work group report. Technical Report, 2008. [Online]. Available: http://www.aeso.ca/gridoperations/13825.html. (Accessed 10 October 2010)
- 8Estimation of the uncertainty in wind power forecasting. PhD Thesis, Ecole des Mines de Paris, Paris, France, 2006.
- 10Benefits for wind energy in electricity markets from using short term wind power prediction tools; a simulation study. Wind Engineering 2004; 28: 119–127., , , , ,
- 16Advanced strategies for wind power trading in short-term electricity markets. In Proceeding of the European Wind Energy Conference & Exhibition EWEC 08, Brussels, Belgium, March 31–April 3, 2008., , ,
- 17Tools supporting wind energy trade in deregulated markets. MSc Thesis, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark, July 2005.
- 20Risk management and optimal bidding for a wind power producer. In Proceedings of the IEEE PES General Meeting 2010, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 2010., , , ,
- 21Short term wind power prognosis with different success criteria. In Proceedings of International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power Systems—PMAPS 2006, Stockholm, Sweden, June 11–15.
- 22Wind power forecasting in U.S. electricity markets. The Electricity Journal 2010; 23: 71–82., , ,
- 23Development of balancing in the internal electricity market in Europe. In Proceedings of the European Wind Energy Conference & Exhibition EWEC 06, Athens, Greece, 2006., ,
- 24A survey of definitions and specifications of reserve services. Technical Report, University of Manchester, Oct 2005.,
- 26Operating reserve adequacy evaluation using uncertainties of wind power forecast. In Proceedings of the IEEE PowerTech Conference, Bucharest, Romania, 2009.,
- 28System operation with a significant wind power penetration. In Proceedings of IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting, 2004., ,
- 29Operations of electric power systems with high penetration of wind power: risks and possible solutions. In Proceedings of IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting, Tampa, Florida, USA, Jun 2007., ,
- 30UCTE Net Work of experts on Wind Power. Wind power in the UCTE interconnected system. UCTE Position Paper, 2004.
- 31Stability and Perfection of Nash Equilibria. Springer-Verlag: Berlin, 1991.
- 34Information theoretic learning. In Unsupervised Adaptive Filtering. SimonH (ed.). Wiley: New York, 2000. 265–319., ,
- 37Nonlinear signal processing based on reproducing Kernel Hilbert space. PhD Thesis, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA, 2007.
- 38Reduction of the uncertainty of wind power predictions using energy storage. PhD Thesis, Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain, 2009.