Implications of the Regional Haze Rule on Renewable and Wind Energy Development on Native American Lands in the West
Version of Record online: 10 MAR 2003
Copyright © 2003 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 6, Issue 4, pages 347–354, October/December 2003
How to Cite
Acker, T. L., Auberle, W. M., Duque, E. P. N., Jeffery, W. D., LaRoche, D. R., Masayesva, V. and Smith, D. H. (2003), Implications of the Regional Haze Rule on Renewable and Wind Energy Development on Native American Lands in the West. Wind Energ., 6: 347–354. doi: 10.1002/we.88
- Issue online: 21 NOV 2003
- Version of Record online: 10 MAR 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JAN 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 3 JAN 2003
- Manuscript Received: 18 SEP 2002
- Western Governors' Association through the Western Regional Air Partnership, under supervision of the Air Pollution Prevention Forum. Grant Number: 30203-32
- 1Grand Canyon Visibility Transport Commission. Recommendations for improving Western vistas, 1996; [Online]. 1996. Available: http://www.wrapair.org/WRAP/Reports/GCVTCFinal.PDF, accessed 13 February 2003.
- 2Western Regional Air Partnership. Recommendations of the Air Pollution Prevention Forum to increase the generation of electricity from renewable resources. [Online]. 2002. Available: http://www.wrapair.org/forums/Ap2/group_reports/FinalDraftRR.pdf, accessed 13 February 2003.
- 3Western Regional Air Partnership. Recommendations of the Western Regional Air Partnership's Air Pollution Prevention Forum to increase the generation of electricity from renewable resources on Native American lands. [Online]. 2000. Available: http://www.wrapair.org/forums/Ap2/projects/tribal_renewables/Draft_5_Tribal-Renewables_Report.pdf, accessed 13 February 2003.
- 4Reloading the Dice: Improving the Chances for Economic Development on American Indian Reservations. The Harvard Project on American Indian Economic Development. John F. Kennedy School of Government: Cambridge, MA, 1992., .
- 5Pacific Northwest Laboratory. Wind Energy Resource Atlas of the United States. US Department of Energy DOE/CH10094-4. Solar Energy Research Institute: Golden, CO, 1987.
- 6Sustainable energy solutions. [Online]. Available: Sustainable Energy Solutions. http://www.cba.nau.edu/ses/Resource/maps.asp, accessed 13 February 2003.
- 7http://www.repp.org/repp-pubs/repp-pubtitle.html, accessed 13 February 2003.. Renewable energy in Indian country: options for tribal governments, renewable energy project. [Online]. 1998. Available:
- 8Council of Energy Resource Tribes. Electricity Sufficiency on Tribal Lands: Opportunities, Barriers, and Policy Recommendations. Inter-Tribal Energy Network. Implementing the Vision: Denver, CO, 2001.
- 9Modern Tribal Development: Paths to Self-sufficiency and Cultural Integrity in Indian Country. Altamira Press: Walnut Creek, CA, 2000..