Flying through extratropical cyclone Friedhelm
Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 Royal Meteorological Society
Volume 68, Issue 1, pages 9–13, January 2013
How to Cite
Baker, L., Martinez-Alvarado, O., Methven, J. and Knippertz, P. (2013), Flying through extratropical cyclone Friedhelm. Weather, 68: 9–13. doi: 10.1002/wea.2047
- Issue online: 4 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2013
- 2009. Sting jets in severe northern European wind storms. Weather 64: 143–148. .
- 2004. The sting at the end of the tail: damaging winds associated with extratropical cyclones. Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc. 130: 375–399. .
- 1994. Structure of a frontal cyclone. Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc. 120: 1535–1557. , .
- 1980. Airflow through midlatitude cyclones and the comma cloud pattern. Mon. Weather Rev. 108: 1498–1509. .
- 2005. The sting at the end of the tail: model diagnostics of fine-scale three-dimensional structure of the cloud head. Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc. 131: 2263–2292. , , .
- 2012. Lessons learnt at the Met Office from the Great Storm of 1987 – a comparison with recent strong wind events. Weather 67: 268–273. , , .
- 2002. Explosive cyclone development in the southern hemisphere and a comparison with northern hemisphere events. Mon. Weather Rev. 130: 2188–2209. , .
- 2010. Sting jets in simulations of a real cyclone by two mesoscale models. Mon. Weather Rev. 138: 4054–4075. , , .
- 2009. Wind profiler observations of a sting jet. Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc. 135: 663–680. , , , , .
- 1980. Synoptic-dynamic climatology of the ‘bomb’. Mon. Weather Rev. 108: 1589–1606. , .
- 2001. Reexamining the cold conveyor belt. Mon. Weather Rev. 129: 2205–2225. .