Decadal variations in the nocturnal heat island of London
Article first published online: 23 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 Royal Meteorological Society
Volume 66, Issue 3, pages 59–64, March 2011
How to Cite
Wilby, R. L., Jones, P. D. and Lister, D. H. (2011), Decadal variations in the nocturnal heat island of London. Weather, 66: 59–64. doi: 10.1002/wea.679
- Issue published online: 23 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 23 FEB 2011
- 2004. The August 2003 heatwave in the United Kingdom: Part 2 – The hottest sites. Weather 59: 239–246. ,
- 1992. A procedure for removing the synoptic climate signal from environmental data. Int. J. Climatol. 12: 177–183.
- 2009. Detection of urban warming in recent temperature trends in Japan. Int. J. Climatol. 29: 1811–1822.
- 2001. Cooling Buildings in London. BR 431, RRCR Ltd., London. , , ,
- 1833. The Climate of London: Deduced from Meteorological Observations made in the Metropolis and at Various Places around it. Harvey and Darton: London.
- 1977. An initial climatology of gales over the North Sea. Synoptic Climatology Branch, Memorandum No. 62, Meteorological Office, Bracknell. ,
- 2009. The urban heat island in central London and urban–related warming trends in Central London since 1900. Weather 64: 323–327. ,
- 1993. A comparison of Lamb circulation types with an objective classification scheme. Int. J. Climatol. 13: 655–663. , ,
- 1972. British Isles weather types and a register of the daily sequence of circulation patterns 1861–1971. Meteorological Office Memoir 116, HMSO, London.
- 1992. Urban warming? An analysis of recent trends in London's urban heat island. Weather 47: 50–56.
- 2010. Climate change in cities due to global warming and urban effects. Geophys. Res. Lett. 37: L09705. , ,
- 2006. London's Urban Heat Island. A report to the Greater London Authority. Centre for Environmental Assessment, Management and Policy, King's College London, 111pp. , , , , , , , ,
- 2004. More intense, more frequent, and longer lasting heatwaves in the 21st century. Science 305: 994–997. ,
- 2009. Trend analysis of long-term temperature time series in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Theoretical and Applied Climatology 10.1007/s00704-009-0214-x ,
- 2010. Urban heat island effects on estimates of observed climate change. WIRES Climate Change 1: 123–133.
- 2003a. Weekly warming. Weather 58: 446–447.
- 2003b. Past and projected trends in London's urban heat island. Weather 58: 251–260.
- 2007. A review of climate change impacts on the built environment. Built Environment Journal 33: 31–45.
- 2008. Constructing climate change scenarios of urban heat island intensity and air quality. Environ. Plan. B 35: 902–919.