Using water destined for irrigation to conserve wetland ecosystems: A basis for assessing feasibility
Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2013
©2013. American Geophysical Union. All Rights Reserved.
Water Resources Research
Volume 49, Issue 8, pages 4662–4671, August 2013
How to Cite
2013), Using water destined for irrigation to conserve wetland ecosystems: A basis for assessing feasibility, Water Resour. Res., 49, 4662–4671, doi:10.1002/wrcr.20338., , and (
- Issue online: 23 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 JUN 2013 09:17AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 14 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 23 DEC 2012
- Departments of Sustainability and Environment and Primary Industry
- Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority
- Goulburn Murray Water
- 2008), Response of wetland plant communities to inundation within floodplain landscapes, Ecol. Manage. Restor., 9(3), 187–195. , , and (
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology (2002), Evapotranspiration map and gridded data interface, CD-ROM and supporting documents, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- Australian Federal Government (2007), Water Act, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- 2011), Engineered water level management facilitates recruitment of non-native common carp, Cyprinus carpio, in a regulated lowland river, Ecol. Eng., 37(11), 1901–1904. , and (
- 1998), Aquatic plant diversity in riverine wetlands: The role of connectivity, Freshwater Biol., 39(2), 267–283. , , and (
- 2009), Aquatic connectivity and fish metacommunities in wetlands of the lower Great Lakes, Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 66(6), 933–948. , , and (
- 2003), Analysis and management of unseasonal flooding in the Barmah-Millewa Forest, Australia, River Res. Appl., 19(2), 161–180. , and (
- 2007), Determining loss characteristics of arid zone river waterbodies, River Res. Appl., 23(7), 715–731. , , , and (
- CSIRO (2008), Water availability in the Murray-Darling Basin, Rep., CSIRO Murray-Darling Basin Sustainable Yields Proj., 67 pp., CSIRO, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- 2011), An integrated modelling framework to evaluate water allocation strategies in the Broken catchment, Victoria, in 19th International Congress on Modelling and Simulation, edited by F. Chan, D. Marinova, and R. S. Anderssen, pp. 4099–4105, Modell. and Simul. Soc. of Aust. and N. Z., Perth, West. Aust., Australia. , , , , , , , and (
- 2009), Effectiveness of artificial watering of a semi-arid saline wetland for managing riparian vegetation health, Hydrol. Processes, 23(24), 3474–3484. , , , , , and (
- 2000), Hydraulic geometry and maximum flow efficiency as products of the principle of least action, Earth Surf. Processes Landforms, 25(1), 1–16. , and (
- 1993), Salt accumulation in semiarid floodplain soils with implications for forest health, J. Hydrol., 150(2–4), 589–614. , , and (
- 2000), Ecological impacts of dams, water diversions and river management on floodplain wetlands in Australia, Aust. Ecol., 25(2), 109–127. (
- 2009), Implications of pumping water on the ecology of Hattah Lakes, Rep., Murray-Darling Freshwater Res. Cent., Mildura, Victoria, Australia. , , , , and (
- 1993), Ecological engineering a cooperative role with the planetary life-support system, Environ. Sci. Technol., 27(3), 438–445. (
- Murray-Darling Basin Authority (2010), Guide to the proposed basin plan, Rep., Murray-Darling Basin Auth., Canberra.
- 2010), Assessment of the hydrological impact of farm dams in the Murray Darling Basin, Rep., Sinclair Knight Merz, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Available at: http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/shado/Learned%20Groups/National%20Committees%20and%20Panels/Water%20Engineering/farmdam_ieaust_final3_1.pdf. , and (
- 2012), Assessing the potential for using wetlands as intermediary storages to conjunctively maintain ecological values and support agricultural demands, J. Environ. Manage., 107, 19–27. , , , and (
- 2009), What causes southeast Australia's worst droughts?, Geophys. Res. Lett., 36, L04706, doi:10.1029/2008GL036801. , , , , , , , and (
- 2013), Impacts of flow regulation on slackwaters in river channels, Water Resour. Res., 49, 1797–1811, doi:10.1002/wrcr.20094. , , and (
- 2010), Global threats to human water security and river biodiversity, Nature, 467(7315), 555–561. , et al. (
- 2001), Climatic Atlas of Australia: Evapotranspiration, Bur. of Meteorol., Melbourne, Vic, Australia. , , , , , and (
- 2013), Managing wetlands as off-river storages: impacts on zooplankton communities, Hydrobiologia, 701(1), 51–63. , , , and (
- 2004), Causes and consequences of invasive plants in wetlands: Opportunities, opportunists, and outcomes, Crit. Rev. Plant Sci., 23(5), 431–452. , and (