Yeast Sequencing Report
Molecular characterization of the glutathione-dependent formaldehyde dehydrogenase gene FLD1 from the methylotrophic yeast Pichia methanolica
Version of Record online: 30 MAR 2004
Copyright © 2004 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 21, Issue 5, pages 445–453, 15 April 2004
How to Cite
Nakagawa, T., Ito, T., Fujimura, S., Chikui, M., Mizumura, T., Miyaji, T., Yurimoto, H., Kato, N., Sakai, Y. and Tomizuka, N. (2004), Molecular characterization of the glutathione-dependent formaldehyde dehydrogenase gene FLD1 from the methylotrophic yeast Pichia methanolica. Yeast, 21: 445–453. doi: 10.1002/yea.1110
- Issue online: 30 MAR 2004
- Version of Record online: 30 MAR 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Received: 4 AUG 2003
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan. Grant Number: 15780061
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. Grant Number: 13854008
- 2002. Molecular characterization of the Hansenula polymorpha FLD1 gene encoding formaldehyde dehydrogenase. Yeast 19: 37–42. , , , , .
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein–dye binding. Anal Biochem 72: 248–254. .
- 1981. Purification and properties of dihydroxyacetone synthase from the methylotrophic yeast, Candida boidinii. FEBS Lett 132: 324–328. , , .
- 1975. Isolation of yeast DNA. Methods Cell Biol 12: 39–44. , , .
- 1980. Rapid DNA isolations for enzymatic and hybridization analysis. Methods Enzymol 65: 404–411. , , , et al.
- 1984. Lariat structures are in vivo intermediates in yeast pre-mRNA splicing. Cell 39: 611–621. , , , et al.
- 1973. Reactions of nucleic acids and nucleoproteins with formaldehyde. Prog Nucleic Acids Res Mol Biol 13: 1–49. .
- 1983. Formaldehyde damage to DNA and inhibition of DNA repair in human bronchial cells. Science 220: 216–218. , , , , .
- 1996. Multiple molecular forms of alcohol oxidase from the methylotrophic yeast Pichia methanolica. Biochemistry (Moscow) 61: 1537–1544. , , , , .
- 1993. The complete primary structure of rat chaperonin 10 reveals a putative βαβ-nucleotide-binding domain with homology to p21ras. Biochim Biophys Acta 1164: 219–222. , , , .
- 1992. Selective amplification of cDNA sequence from total RNA by cassette-ligation mediated polymerase chain reaction (PCR): application to sequencing 6.5kb genome segment of hantavirus strain B-1. Mol Cell Probes 6: 467–475. , , , et al.
- 1982. Purification and properties of a transketolase responsible for formaldehyde fixation in a methanol-utilizing yeast, Candida boidinii (Kloeckera sp.) No. 2201. Biochim Biophys Acta 715: 143–150. , , , et al.
- 2002. Physiological role of the glutathione-dependent formaldehyde dehydrogenase in the methylotrophic yeast Candida boidinii. Microbiology 148: 2697–2704. , , , .
- 2003. Effects of methanol concentration on expression levels of recombinant protein in fed-batch cultures of Pichia methanolica. Biotechnol Bioeng 81: 291–298. , , , , .
- 1988. Formation of ethylene glycol and trimethylamine from choline by Candida tropicalis. FEMS Microbiol Lett 51: 41–44. , , , , .
- 2002. Physiological role of the second alcohol oxidase gene MOD2 in the methylotrophic growth of Pichia methanolica. Yeast 19: 1067–1073. , , , et al.
- 1999. Alcohol oxidase hybrid oligomers formed in vivo and in vitro. Yeast 15: 1223–1230. , , , , .
- 2001. Analysis of alcohol-oxidase isozymes in gene-disrupted strains of methylotrophic yeast Pichia methanolica. J Biosci Bioeng 91: 225–227. , , , et al.
- 1996. Isozymes of methanol oxidase in a methanol-utilizing yeast, Pichia methanolica IAM 12901. J Ferment Bioeng 81: 498–503. , , .
- 1988. Genetic applications of an inverse polymerase chain reaction. Genetics 120: 621–623. , , .
- 1998. Development of the methylotrophic yeast Pichia methanolica for the expression of the 65kDa isoform of human glutamate decarboxylase. Yeast 14: 11–23. , , , et al.
- 1996. High-level secretion of fungal glucoamylase using the Candida boidinii gene expression system. Biochim Biophys Acta 1308: 81–87. , , , , .
- 1993. High-frequency transformation of a methylotrophic yeast, Candida boidinii, with autonomously replicating plasmids which are also functional in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Bacteriol 175: 3556–3562. , , .
- 1997. Regulation of the formate dehydrogenase gene, FDH1, in the methylotrophic yeast Candida boidinii and growth characteristics of an FDH1-disrupted strain on methanol, methylamine, and choline. J Bacteriol 179: 4480–4485. , , , , .
- 1998. Regulation and physiological role of the DAS1 gene encoding dihydroxyacetone synthase in the methylotrophic yeast Candida boidinii. J Bacteriol 180: 5885–5890. , , , .
- 1995. Expression of Saccharomyces adenylate kinase gene in Candida boidinii under the regulation of its alcohol oxidase promoter. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 42: 860–864. , , , , .
- 1989. Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press: New York. , , .
- 1977. DNA sequencing with chain-terminating inhibitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 74: 5463–5467. , , .
- 1992. Cloning and sequencing analysis of a Candida maltosa gene which confers resistance to formaldehyde in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Gene 122: 207–211. , , , et al.
- 1976. Purification and properties of formaldehyde dehydrogenase and formate dehydrogenase from Candida boidinii. Eur J Biochem 62: 151–160. , , , .
- 1998. A strong nitrogen source-regulated promoter for controlled expression of foreign genes in the yeast Pichia pastoris. Gene 216: 93–102. , , , .
- 1992. Progressive sequence alignment and molecular evolution of the Zn-containing alcohol dehydrogenase family. J Mol Evol 34: 522–535. , .
- 1985. Production of formaldehyde by a mutant of methanol yeast, Candida boidinii S2. J Ferment Technol 63: 443–449. , , .
- 2000. Regulation and evaluation of five methanol-inducible promoters in the methylotrophic yeast Candida boidinii. Biochim Biophys Acta 1493: 56–63. , , , et al.
- 1980. Development of amine oxidase-containing peroxisomes in yeasts during growth on glucose in the presence of methylamine as the sole source of nitrogen. Arch Microbiol 126: 117–126. , , , .