Ether–zymolyase ascospore isolation procedure: an efficient protocol for ascospores isolation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 27, Issue 12, pages 999–1003, December 2010
How to Cite
Bahalul, M., Kaneti, G. and Kashi, Y. (2010), Ether–zymolyase ascospore isolation procedure: an efficient protocol for ascospores isolation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast. Yeast, 27: 999–1003. doi: 10.1002/yea.1808
- Issue published online: 1 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 12 OCT 2009
- 1974. Selective killing of vegetative cells in sporulated yeast cultures by exposure to diethyl ether. Mol Gen Genet 131: 281–289. , .
- 2006. Molecular–genetic biodiversity in a natural population of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae from ‘Evolution Canyon’: microsatellite polymorphism, ploidy and controversial sexual status. Genetics 174: 1455–1468. , , , et al.
- 2009. Heterothallism in S. cerevisiae isolates from nature: effect of HO locus on the mode of reproduction. Mol. Ecol. 19: 121–131. , , , et al.
- 1973. Sporulation synchrony of Saccharomyces cerevisiae grown in various carbon sources. J Bacteriol 116: 925–930. .
- 2003. Use of a genome-wide approach to identify new genes that control resistance of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to ionizing radiation. Radiation Research 160: 14–24. , , , et al.
- 1976. Interconversion of yeast mating types. I. Direct observation of the action of the homothallism (HO) gene. Genetics 83: 245–258. , .
- 1995. Meiotic chromosome pairing in triploid and tetraploid Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics 139: 1511–1520. .
- 1983. Involvement of mitochondrial protein synthesis in sporulation: effects of erythromycin on macromolecular synthesis, meiosis, and ascospore formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Bacteriol 154: 118–129. , , .
- 1974. Effect of soluble and membrane proteins upon diethyl ether extraction of aqueous phospholipid dispersions. Lipids 9: 221–228. , , , et al.
- 1988. REDI: a yeast gene required for the segregation of chromosomes during the reductional division of meiosis. Genetics 85: 6057–6061. , .
- 2002. Getting started with yeast. Methods Enzymol 350: 3–41. .
- 2001. Systematic genetic analysis with ordered arrays of yeast deletion mutants. Science 294: 2364–2368. , , , et al.
- 2008. A simple method for isolating disomic strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast 25: 321–326. , .