Yeast Sequencing Report
Cloning and characterization of a novel NAD+-dependent glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase gene from Candida glycerinogenes and use of its promoter
Version of Record online: 12 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 30, Issue 4, pages 157–163, April 2013
How to Cite
Zhang, C., Zhuge, B., Zhan, X., Fang, H., Zong, H. and Zhuge, J. (2013), Cloning and characterization of a novel NAD+-dependent glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase gene from Candida glycerinogenes and use of its promoter. Yeast, 30: 157–163. doi: 10.1002/yea.2946
- Issue online: 12 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 FEB 2013 02:54AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 SEP 2012
- 1997. Methods in Yeast Genetics: A Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Course Manual. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press: Cold Spring Harbor, NY. , , ,
- 1993. Yeasts metabolism of sugars. In Wine Microbiology and Biotechnology, Fleet GH (ed.). Harwood Academic: Switzerland; 55–75. .
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal. Biochem. 72: 248–254. .
- 2000. Methods in Yeast Genetics: A Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Course Manual. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press: Cold Spring Harbor, NY: 109–110. , ,
- 2008. Cloning and characterization of a NAD1-dependent glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase gene from Candida glycerinogenes, an industrial glycerol producer. FEMS Yeast Res. 8: 725–734. , , , et al.
- 1976. Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase. In The Enzymes, vol XIII, Boyer PD (ed.). Academic Press: New York; l–49. ,
- 2008. Information: single sample extraction protocol for the quantification of NAD and NADH redox states in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J. Sep. Sci. 31(18): 3202–3211. , , , et al.
- 2003. By-product formation by a novel glycerol-producing yeast, Candida glycerinogenes, with different O2 supplies. Biotechnol. Lett. 25: 311–314. , , .
- 1991. An analysis of vertebrate mRNA sequences: intimations of translational control. J. Cell Biol. 115: 887–903.
- 1993. A Saccharomyces cerevisiae UAS element controlled by protein kinase A activates transcription in response to a variety of stress conditions. EMBO J. 12: 1997–2003. , , , .
- 2003. Subcellular localization of human glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is independent of its glycolytic function. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1622: 50–56. , .
- 1980. Prediction of secondary structural elements in glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase by comparison with other dehydrogenases. Eur. J. Biochem. 109: 325–330. , , .
- 1987. The neighbor-joining method: a new method for reconstructing phylogenetic trees. Mol. Biol. Evol. 4: 406–425. , .
- 1996. Msn2p, a zinc finger DNAbinding protein, is the transcriptional activator of the multistress response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93: 5777–5782. , .
- 1994. The HOG pathway controls osmotic regulation of transcription via the stress response element (STRE) of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae CTT1 gene. EMBO J. 13: 4382–4389. , , , et al.
- 1993. ATP-driven transhydrogenation and ionization of water in a reconstituted glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (phosphorylating and non-phosphorylating) model system. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 197: 1348–1356. , , .
- 2005. New nuclear functions of the glycolytic protein, glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase in mammalian cells. J. Cell. Biochem. 95(1): 45–52. .
- 1956. Polyhydric alcohol production by osmophilic yeasts: studies with C14-labeled glucose. Can. J. Biochem. Physiol. 34: 495–501. , , , .
- 1957. Polyhydric alcohol production by osmophilic yeasts: effect of oxygen tension and inorganic phosphate concentration. Can. J. Microbiol. 3: 559–567. , .
- 2007. MEGA4: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis (MEGA) software, version 4.0. Mol. Biol. Evol. 24: 1596–1599. , , , .
- 1997. The tigA gene is a transcriptional fusion of glycolytic genes encoding triose-phosphate isomerase and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase in Oomycota. J. Bacteriol. 179: 6816–6823. , , , et al.
- 2004. NADH-reductive stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiae induces the expression of the minor isoform of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (TDH1). Curr. Genet. 45: 90–95. , , , et al.
- 2000. Regulation of fermentative capacity and levels of glycolytic enzymes in chemostat cultures of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Enzyme Microb Tech 26: 724–736. , , .
- 2001. Glycerol production by microbial fermentation: a review. Biotechnol. Adv. 19: 201–223. , , , .
- 2007, Deletion of the CgTPI gene encoding triose phosphate isomerase of Candida glycerinogenes inhibits the biosynthesis of glycerol. Curr. Microbiol. 55: 147–151. , , , et al.
- 2001. Glycerol production by a novel osmotolerant yeast, Candida glycerinogenes. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 55: 686–692. , , , et al.