Designed construction of recombinant DNA at the ura3Δ0 locus in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Article first published online: 20 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 30, Issue 6, pages 243–253, June 2013
How to Cite
Fukunaga, T., Cha-aim, K., Hirakawa, Y., Sakai, R., Kitagawa, T., Nakamura, M., Nonklang, S., Hoshida, H. and Akada, R. (2013), Designed construction of recombinant DNA at the ura3Δ0 locus in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast, 30: 243–253. doi: 10.1002/yea.2957
- Issue published online: 4 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 20 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 APR 2013 04:20AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 8 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 8 MAR 2013
- 2010. Random and targeted gene integrations through the control of non-homologous end joining in the yeast Kluyveromyces marxianus. Yeast 27: 29–39. , , , .
- 2002. Sets of integrating plasmids and gene disruption cassettes containing improved counter-selection markers designed for repeated use in budding yeast. Yeast 19: 393–402. , , , et al.
- 2006. PCR-mediated seamless gene deletion and marker recycling in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast 23: 399–405. , , , et al.
- 2000. DNA extraction method for screening yeast clones by PCR. Biotechniques 28: 668–674. , , .
- 2007. A suite of Gateway cloning vectors for high-throughput genetic analysis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast 24: 913–919. , , .
- 2009. Combinatorial gene overexpression and recessive mutant gene introduction in sake yeast. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 73: 633–640. , , , et al.
- Ausubel FM, Brent R, Kingston RE, et al. (eds). 1999. Short Protocols in Molecular Biology. Wiley: New York.
- 1998. Designer deletion strains derived from Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288C: a useful set of strains and plasmids for PCR-mediated gene disruption and other applications. Yeast 14: 115–132. , , , et al.
- 2009. Reliable fusion PCR mediated by GC-rich overlap sequences. Gene 434: 43–49. , , , .
- 2012. Fusion PCR via novel overlap sequences. In Gene Synthesis Methods and Protocols, Peccoud J (ed). Humana: New York; 97–110. , , , .
- 2010. Plasmid construction using recombination activity in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. PLoS One 5: e9652. , , .
- 2003. Global analysis of protein expression in yeast. Nature 425: 737–741. , , , et al.
- 2005. Isolation of auxotrophic mutants of diploid industrial yeast strains after UV mutagenesis. Appl Environ Microbiol 71: 312–319. , , , et al.
- 1984. Sequences that regulate the divergent GAL1–GAL10 promoter in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol 4: 1440–1448. , .
- 1994. Methods in Yeast Genetics: A Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Course Manual. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press: Cold Spring Harbor, NY. , , .
- 1998. Construction of human chromosome 16- and 5-specific circular YAC/BAC libraries by in vivo recombination in yeast (TAR cloning). Genomics 53: 21–28. , , , et al.
- 1994. Fermentable and nonfermentable carbon sources sustain constitutive levels of expression of yeast triosephosphate dehydrogenase 3 gene from distinct promoter elements. J Biol Chem 269: 6153–6162. , , .
- 1987. Plasmid construction by homologous recombination in yeast. Gene 58: 201–216. , , , .
- 1996. Construction of a CUP1 promoter-based vector to modulate gene expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Gene 172: 169–170. , , .
- 2009. Systematic cloning of an ORFeome using the Gateway system. Methods Mol Biol 577: 11–24. , .
- 1974. Storage of stock cultures of filamentous fungi, yeasts, and some aerobic actinomycetes in sterile distilled water. Appl Microbiol 28: 218–222. , , .
- 2007. Yeast vectors for the integration/expression of any sequence at the TYR1 locus. Yeast 24: 761–766. , , , .
- 1997. Recombination-mediated PCR-directed plasmid construction in vivo in yeast. Nucleic Acids Res 25: 451–452. , , , .
- 1986. The ILV5 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is highly expressed. Nucleic Acids Res 14: 9631–9651. , .
- 1996. Rapid construction in yeast of complex targeting vectors for gene manipulation in the mouse. Nucleic Acids Res 24: 4594–4596. , , , et al.
- 2005. A novel high-throughput (HTP) cloning strategy for site-directed designed chimeragenesis and mutation using the Gateway cloning system. Nucleic Acids Res 33: e109. , , , et al.
- 2010. Sensitive and convenient yeast reporter assay for high-throughput analysis by using a secretory luciferase from Cypridina noctiluca. Anal Chem 82: 5768–5776. , , , et al.