Functional Analysis Report
Associating protein activities with their genes: rapid identification of a gene encoding a methylglyoxal reductase in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Article first published online: 15 APR 2003
Copyright © 2003 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 20, Issue 6, pages 545–554, 30 April 2003
How to Cite
Chen, C.-N., Porubleva, L., Shearer, G., Svrakic, M., Holden, L. G., Dover, J. L., Johnston, M., Chitnis, P. R. and Kohl, D. H. (2003), Associating protein activities with their genes: rapid identification of a gene encoding a methylglyoxal reductase in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast, 20: 545–554. doi: 10.1002/yea.979
- Issue published online: 15 APR 2003
- Article first published online: 15 APR 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 DEC 2002
- Manuscript Received: 25 JUL 2002
- Iowa Corn Promotion Board, USA
- Plant Sciences Institute, Iowa State University, USA
- James S. McDonnell Foundation, USA
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal Biochem 72: 248–254. .
- BRENDA Website. http://www.brenda.uni-koeln.de/homepage.html.
- 1988. Yeast: A Practical Approach. IRL Press: Washington, DC. .
- 1986. The glyoxylase enigma—the biological consequences of a ubiquitous enzyme. IRCS Med Sci 14: 763–768. , .
- 1999. A sampling of the yeast proteome. Mol Cell Biol 19: 7357–7368. , , , , .
- 2000. KEGG: Kyoto encyclopedia of genes and genomes. Nucleic Acids Res 28: 29–34. , .
- International Union of Biochemistry, Nomenclature Committee. 1984. Enzyme Nomenclature. Academic Press: Orlando, FL.
- 1999. A biochemical genomics approach for identifying genes by the activity of their products. Science 286: 1153–1155. , , , et al.
- 1990. Gel staining techniques. Methods Enzymol 182: 477–488. .
- 1985. Phenotypic character of the methylglyoxal resistance gene in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: expression in Escherichia coli and application to breeding wild-type yeast strains. Appl Environ Microbiol 50: 1200–1207. , , , et al.
- 2001. The proteome of maize leaves: use of gene sequences and EST data for identification of proteins with peptide mass fingerprints. Electrophoresis 22: 1724–1738. , , , , .
- 2001. Global analysis of protein activities using proteome chips. Science 293: 2101–2105. , , , et al.