1Mrs. Fran Ventre has an interesting background that may seem somewhat remote from her current activities as a lay midwife. Although Mrs. Ventre has always been an educator, her primary focus was on languages as she graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a major in Russian and a minor in French. She has taught foreign languages in the elementary school systems and has also taught English as a foreign language in the Institute of Modern Languages. In 1972 Mrs. Ventre became a certified childbirth educator for A.S.P.O., and over the past five years, has been a labor coach at over 100 deliveries. Further expanding her interests in childbirth, Mrs. Ventre recently became licensed as a lay midwife in the State of Maryland and has performed forty-five deliveries.
I. The Lay Midwife
Version of Record online: 24 MAY 2011
1977 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 22, Issue 4, pages 32–35, Winter 1977
How to Cite
Ventre, F. (1977), I. The Lay Midwife. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 22: 32–35. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(78)90083-6
- Issue online: 24 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 24 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.