Sally Austen Tom holds a B.A. in Anthropology and religion and a B.S.N. from Duke University. She received her M.S. in Parent-Child Nursing and Nurse-Midwifery from the University of Utah and is currently on the faculty of the Nurse-Midwifery Education Program at Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
AGNES SHOEMAKER REINDERS: A Biographical Tribute*
Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2011
1980 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 25, Issue 5, pages 9–12, September-October 1980
How to Cite
Tom, S. A. (1980), AGNES SHOEMAKER REINDERS: A Biographical Tribute. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 25: 9–12. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(80)90156-1
This paper has been excerpted from Ms. Tom's unpublished Master's Thesis, “With Loving Hands: The Life Stories of Four Nurse-Midwives” © 1978 by Sally Tom. (A biographical account on Rose McNaught appeared in JNM Vol. 24, No. 2, March/April 1979, pp. 3–8.) Material for the biography of Agnes Shoemaker Reinders is drawn primarily from the answers she wrote to the interview questions. Material from other sources is found in separate references.
- Issue online: 10 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.