Joyce Roberts received her M.S. in nurse-midwifery from the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, and her Ph.D. in nursing from the University of Illinois, Chicago. Currently, she holds a faculty position in the College of Nursing at the University of Illinois. She is also serving as a nurse-midwife at Cook County Hospital where she is continuing her research in positional variables in the conduct of labor.
ALTERNATIVE POSITIONS FOR CHILDBIRTH—Part I: First Stage of Labor*
Version of Record online: 6 JAN 2011
1980 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 25, Issue 4, pages 11–18, July-August 1980
How to Cite
Roberts, J. (1980), ALTERNATIVE POSITIONS FOR CHILDBIRTH—Part I: First Stage of Labor. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 25: 11–18. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(80)90176-7
Part II of this paper, discussing the second stage of labor, will appear in the September/October 1980 issue of JNM.
- Issue online: 6 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.