Philip A. Kalisch, Ph.D., is Professor of History and Politics of Nursing at the University of Michigan, School of Nursing, Ann Arbor. Beatrice J. Kalisch, R.N., Ed.D., F.A.A.N., is the Titus Distinguished Professor of Nursing, Chairperson for Parent-Child Nursing, and Director of the Graduate Program in Parent-Child Nursing also at the University of Michigan. They have been co-investigators on a series of federally funded research projects over the past 12 years on various aspects of the history and politics of nursing. Among the books they have co-authored are: The Advance of American Nursing (Little Brown, 1978), Nursing Involvement in Health Planning (HEW, 1978), The Politics of Nursing (Lippincott, in press) and The Image of the Nurse on Television (Springer, in press). They have also co-authored numerous articles and book chapters.
LOUYSE BOURGEOIS AND THE EMERGENCE OF MODERN MIDWIFERY
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
1981 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 26, Issue 4, pages 3–17, July-August 1981
How to Cite
Kalisch, P. A., Scobey, M. and Kalisch, B. J. (1981), LOUYSE BOURGEOIS AND THE EMERGENCE OF MODERN MIDWIFERY. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 26: 3–17. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(81)90141-5
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.