Ruth Watson Lubic, C.N.M., M.A., Ed.D., F.A.A.N., received her basic nursing education in the diploma program at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Columbia University Teachers College conferred BS and MA degrees in nursing as well as a Doctorate in Education. Her certificate in nurse-midwifery was awarded by Maternity Center Association/Downstate Medical Center. Dr. Lubic is a charter member of the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences, and a fellow of the American Academy of Nursing. She has been General Director of the Maternity Center Association since 1970 and was designated by Ms. Magazine as one of “80 women to watch in the 80s.” In 1980, the Nursing Education Alumni Association of Teachers College awarded her its Achievement Award in Nursing Practice. In 1981, she received the Rockefeller Public Service Award from Princeton University and the Jane Delano Distinguished Service Award from the New York Counties Nurses Association.
NURSE-MIDWIFERY EDUCATION—The Second 50 Years*
Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2011
1982 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 27, Issue 5, pages 4–9, September-October 1982
How to Cite
Lubic, R. W. (1982), NURSE-MIDWIFERY EDUCATION—The Second 50 Years. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 27: 4–9. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(82)90003-9
This Keynote Address was presented at The American College of Nurse-Midwives 27th Annual Meeting, April 1982, Lexington, Kentucky
- Issue online: 10 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.