Fran Ventre, C.N.M., spent many years as a lay-midwife licensed in Maryland. She was also a cofounder of HOME (Home Oriented Maternity Experience) and past editor of its newsletter. She is presently nurse-midwife coordinator of the North Shore Birth Center in Beverly, Massachusetts.
THE FUTURE OF MIDWIFERY-AN ALLIANCE
Article first published online: 10 JAN 2011
1982 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 27, Issue 5, pages 23–24, September-October 1982
How to Cite
Ventre, F. and Leonard, C. (1982), THE FUTURE OF MIDWIFERY-AN ALLIANCE. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 27: 23–24. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(82)90006-4
Carol Leonard holds a BS in Biology and is a lay-midwife with a home birth practice in Central, New Hampshire. She founded the Concord Midwifery Service in 1975. She has been President of the New Hampshire Midwives Association, Inc., since 1976. The NHMA, Inc., consists of both lay-and nurse-midwives and was instrumental in the passage of legislation in June 1981 providing for the certification of lay-midwives practicing in New Hampshire.
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 10 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.