Dr. Litoff is an Associate Professor of History at Bryant College in Rhode Island. She received her BA and MA degrees from Emory University and her PhD from the University of Maine. She is the author of American Midwives, 1860, to the Present, which was published in 1978 by the Greenwood Press, Westport, Connecticut.
THE MIDWIFE THROUGHOUT HISTORY*
Version of Record online: 6 JAN 2011
1982 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 27, Issue 6, pages 3–11, November-December 1982
How to Cite
Litoff, J. B. (1982), THE MIDWIFE THROUGHOUT HISTORY. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 27: 3–11. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(82)90085-4
This paper was presented at the 27th annual meeting of the American College of Nurse-Midwives, April 29, 1982 in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Issue online: 6 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.