W. Newton Long, M.D. is Professor and Vice-Chairman, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emory University School of Medicine, and Medical Consultant, Nurse-Midwifery Service, Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia. He was Medical Director of the Nurse-Midwifery Education Program, Department of Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University, 1958 to 1965, and he employed a nurse-midwife in his private obstetric practice in Baltimore from 1962–1965.
RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN PROFESSIONS: From the Viewpoint of the Physician and Nurse-Midwife in a Tertiary Center*
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
1982 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 27, Issue 4, pages 14–24, July-August 1982
How to Cite
Long, W. N. and Sharp, E. S. (1982), RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN PROFESSIONS: From the Viewpoint of the Physician and Nurse-Midwife in a Tertiary Center. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 27: 14–24. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(82)90165-3
Reprinted with permission (with corrections by Elizabeth Sharp) from the Bulletin of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics Vol. III, No. 3. pp. 184–200, Summer, 1981. © by Emory University School of Medicine, 1981.
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.