Raymond G. DeVries is Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology, Westmont College Santa Barbara, California.
IMAGE AND REALITY: AN EVALUATION OF HOSPITAL ALTERNATIVE BIRTH CENTERS*
Version of Record online: 6 JAN 2011
1983 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 28, Issue 3, pages 3–9, May-June 1983
How to Cite
DeVries, R. G. (1983), IMAGE AND REALITY: AN EVALUATION OF HOSPITAL ALTERNATIVE BIRTH CENTERS. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 28: 3–9. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(83)90077-0
This is a revised version of a paper that was presented at the conference on Technological Approaches to Obstetrics: Benefits, Risks, Alternatives II, San Francisco, October 1981. The author wishes to acknowledge the assistance of C. A. DeVries and Madeleine Shearer. This research was made possible by a grant from the National Health Care Management Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Issue online: 6 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.