Henry O. Thompson, MDiv, PhD, is Adjunct Associate Professor in Ethics at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia. Author of numerous books and articles in the fields of religion, archaeology, education, and ethics, he teaches ethics for nurses and other health professionals.
Toward a Professional Ethic
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
1987 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 32, Issue 2, pages 105–110, March-April 1987
How to Cite
Thompson, H. O. and Thompson, J. E. (1987), Toward a Professional Ethic. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 32: 105–110. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(87)90009-7
Joyce E. Thompson, CNM, DPH, FAAN, is Associate Professor and Director of the Graduate Program in Nurse-Midwifery at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia. She has practiced nurse-midwifery in a variety of countries for the past 20 years and has taught nurse-midwifery since 1971. She and Hank have co-taught and co-authored ethics writings since 1976.
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.