Kathaleen Bunce grew up in a family where herbs were used for both health and healing. She opened her own business in California, “Healthy Herbs,” where she consulted with and counseled many midwives. Personal knowledge and practical use of herbs played a major part in the birth of her six children over a 20-year period. The last two children were born at home in Arizona with the aid of a midwife. Kathaleen graduated in 1977 from Bernadean University, Van Nuys, California with a Doctor of Iridology degree (id). She then pursued additional studies to earn a Doctor of Naturopathy degree in 1980 from the same university. She has studied with Dr. John R. Christopher, Dr. LaDean Griffin, Dr. Stan Malstrom, and Dr. William McGrath, who presented her with a certificate as an Herbal Consultant. In 1981, she coauthored the book “Iridology and Health: A Total Approach” with Alice C. Thomas. Kathaleen continues to counsel, teach, and write through a business she and her husband created while in Arizona, “Open Awareness,” which is based in Baltimore, Maryland.
THE USE OF HERBS IN MIDWIFERY
Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2011
1987 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 32, Issue 4, pages 255–259, July-August 1987
How to Cite
Bunce, K. L. (1987), THE USE OF HERBS IN MIDWIFERY. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 32: 255–259. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(87)90131-5
- Issue online: 10 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 10 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.