Helen A. Burgess is a graduate of New York Medical College midwifery program and has an M.P.H. from Boston University. She has worked as a nurse-midwife in the U.S. in New Mexico, Kentucky, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. In Africa she has worked in Malawi, Sudan and most recently taught for two years at the University of Zambia. She is a former member of the ACNM Division of Examiners.
ACHIEVING QUALITY EDUCATION
Use of the External Examiner System in African Universities
Version of Record online: 6 JAN 2011
1989 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 34, Issue 3, pages 144–145, May-June 1989
How to Cite
Burgess, H. A. (1989), ACHIEVING QUALITY EDUCATION. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 34: 144–145. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(89)90059-1
- Issue online: 6 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.