Ilene Gelbaum, CNM. has been a certified nurse-midwife in a full-scope health maintenance organization practice at Kaiser Permanente, Anaheim, California, since 1981. There, she represents nurse-midwifery on the hospital's Interdisciplinary Practice Committee and is a consultant on nurse-midwifery practice, privileges, and credentialing. Ms. Gelbaum graduated from the Mount Sinai Hospital School of Nursing, New York City in 1966, volunteered three years as a public health nurse in the U.S. Peace Corps, and completed the midwifery program at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in 1978. She has since served three years as ACNM Chapter Chair in Los Angeles, eight years on the Board of Directors of the California Consortium for Nurse-Midwifery, Inc., and was recently appointed, to the Nurse-Midwifery Advisory Committee of the California Board of Registered Nursing. In 1937. Ms. Gelbaum was the first certified nurse-midwife to receive certification as a mohel(et) from Hebrew Union College, Los Angeles. She was a speaker on “Male Newborn Circumcision—The Nurse-Midwifery Model,” at the 35th Annual Meeting of the ACNM in Atlanta, Georgia.
CIRCUMCISION: Refining a Traditional Surgical Technique
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
1993 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 38, Issue S1, pages 18s–30s, March-May 1993
How to Cite
Gelbaum, I. (1993), CIRCUMCISION: Refining a Traditional Surgical Technique. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 38: 18s–30s. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(93)90093-V
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.