Karen Holz holds a B.S.N. from Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia, and an M.S.N. from Georgetown University (1989). She was a staff nurse-midwife at Birth Care in Alexandria, Virginia, at Mount Aubum Hospital, Cambridge, Massachusetts, and at Maternity Health Care Associates in Bethesda, Maryland. In 1990, she opened the first midwifery practice in Brunswick, Maine, where she worked with many sexually abused women. Ms. Holz has conducted workshops and seminars on the topic of health care issues for survivors of childhood sexual abuse. She is currently employed at Fairfax Hospital in Fairfax, Virginia, and has also started a private practice, the Survivors' Alternative, for women with abuse histories.
A Practical Approach to Clients Who are Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
1994 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 13–18, January-February 1994
How to Cite
Holz, K. A. (1994), A Practical Approach to Clients Who are Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 39: 13–18. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(94)90037-X
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.