The author received a diploma in nursing from the University of Alberta Hospital School of Nursing and a bachelor of science in nursing from the University of Alberta. She has extensive maternal-child nursing experience as a staff nurse, a community health nurse, and a nursing educator. A mother of two sets of twins, the author has recently completed a master of nursing at the University of Alberta. This article is based on the author's recent clinical practice experience in the Advanced Nursing Practice II course in her graduate program.
THE PERINATAL DEATH OF A TWIN: Karla's Story of Attaching and Detaching
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
1995 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 40, Issue 4, pages 335–341, July-August 1995
How to Cite
Van der Zalm, J. E. (1995), THE PERINATAL DEATH OF A TWIN: Karla's Story of Attaching and Detaching. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 40: 335–341. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(95)00017-E
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.