Fran Ventre received a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Wisconsin in 1962. After the bixles of her three children, she tought childbirth classes in 1972 in situation Washington, DC. She became certified by the American Society for Psychoprophylaxis in Obstetrics and in 1974 helped [Text missing in PDF] Maternity Experience, a national organization providing information and support to home birth couples. In 1975, she became licensed as a lay midwife in Maryland under
THE TRANSITION FROM LAY MIDWIFE TO CERTIFIED NURSE-MIDWIFE IN THE UNITED STATES
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
1995 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 40, Issue 5, pages 428–437, September-October 1995
How to Cite
Ventre, F., Spindel, P. G. and Bowland, K. (1995), THE TRANSITION FROM LAY MIDWIFE TO CERTIFIED NURSE-MIDWIFE IN THE UNITED STATES. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 40: 428–437. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(95)00045-L
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.