Peggy Garland Spindel began attending home births in 1975 as a lay midwife. She co-authored a textbook on home birth with family physicians in 1984. She completed her MPH and nurse-midwifery education at the Boston University School of Public Health in 1993. She has a particular interest in health law as it relates to midwives. She works as a CNM at Planned Parenthood of Brookline, Massachusetts, Urban Midwife Associates of Boston, Partners in Women's Health in Maiden, Massachusetts; she holds a faculty adjunct appointment at the Boston University School of Public Health and attends an occasional home birth.
INFORMED CONSENT AND HOME BIRTH
Article first published online: 24 MAY 2011
1995 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 40, Issue 6, pages 541–554, November-December 1995
How to Cite
Spindel, P. G. and Suarez, S. H. (1995), INFORMED CONSENT AND HOME BIRTH. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 40: 541–554. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(95)00056-9
- Issue published online: 24 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 24 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.