Marsha E. Jackson received her undergraduate degree in nursing at Howard University in 1974 and her MSN in nurse-midwifery from Georgetown university in 1981. From 1981 to 1987 she had a solo home birth practice and worked with Cities-in-Schools, a single-site adolescent pregnancy program providing hospital births. She is co-founder, co-owner, and co-director of Birth Care & Women's Health, a CNM practice founded in 1987 that provides home birth services in Washington, DC, Virginia, and Maryland. Since 1992, BirthCare and Women's Health has also provided freestanding birth center services in Virginia. Ms. Jackson chairs the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) Home Birth Committee.
HOME BIRTH WITH CERTIFIED NURSE-MIDWIFE ATTENDANTS IN THE UNITED STATES
Article first published online: 24 MAY 2011
1995 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 40, Issue 6, pages 493–507, November-December 1995
How to Cite
Jackson, M. E. and Bailes, A. J. (1995), HOME BIRTH WITH CERTIFIED NURSE-MIDWIFE ATTENDANTS IN THE UNITED STATES. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 40: 493–507. doi: 10.1016/0091-2182(95)00059-3
- Issue published online: 24 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 24 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.