Leslye E. Orloff founded Ayuda's unique domestic violence program dedicated to serving the interrelated legal and social service needs of battered Latina and immigrant women and children. Ayuda's domestic violence program assists battered women in obtaining civil protection orders, divorce, child support, custody, immigration, housing, social services, day care, and any other services they might need to be able to flee batterers. Ms. Orloff has represented battered women and children in over 800 civil court domestic violence cases since 1983. She serves as a clinical supervisor to law students who come to Ayuda from programs across the country, and the majority of her most recent work focuses on offering domestic violence training to judges, police, probation officers, social workers, and health care professionals. She has written local and national training curricula and manuals for police, judges, and attorneys on domestic violence. In 1994, Ms. Orloff published a 400-page law review article analyzing civil protection order statutes, case law and practice in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
EFFECTIVE ADVOCACY FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE VICTIMS: Role of the Nurse-Midwife
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
1996 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 41, Issue 6, pages 473–494, November-December 1996
How to Cite
Orloff, L. E. (1996), EFFECTIVE ADVOCACY FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE VICTIMS: Role of the Nurse-Midwife. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 41: 473–494. doi: 10.1016/S0091-2182(96)00062-6
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.